Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So the bike comes with a 7.7L tank... Which is good for a few hundred k's.

Anyone replaced it with a larger capacity tank? Where and how much can I source one in Australia?

New to the Kawasaki range, typically had KTM's.

·
Registered
54 Posts
I replaced the stock 2.1 tank on my KLX300SM with an IMS 2.7 and am totally satisfied with it. :)

Wheel Tire Fuel tank Vehicle Automotive fuel system

Motor vehicle Automotive tire Automotive lighting Automotive design Bicycle part

The black blends in nicely. My bike averages 80 mpg which increases the effective range to ~200 miles. This is plenty for my uses. On a street legal bike, With only ONE line, the fuel line, it eliminates the huge tangle of emissions hoses underneath.

Automotive fuel system Hood Motor vehicle Automotive design Automotive exterior

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Try dirtbike.com/aus
Cheers dude, they aren't exactly cheap, but probably a good long term investment, Intend to ride it from Adelaide to the Eyre Peninsula over Christmas... Hit the sand dunes.
New to the dirt bike game, bit of a learning curve... Everything I have owned up until this point has been fuel injected, street bikes. (Duke 390 etc'.)
The fuel tank was limiting with only a 200km range. 3 Gallons should bring it up to 300km.

Need to try and get a little bit more of top end power though.

What are recommended non-overly expensive performance improvements can people recommend?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts