Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2000 zx6r. I'm working on my bike this coming weekend and I'm giving it new plugs and a K&N air filter. My question is when I pull the fuel tank off do I need to plug the main hose off the fuel tap?? they don't say in owners manual or the service manual. Also if anybody has installed the K&N air filter with a stock pipe if they like it or not?

·
Registered
3,112 Posts
On my '96, I had to un-bolt the petcock, and unbolt the tank, then lift the tank up with the petcock still attached. At least I think that's how I did it[:M74]. I'll have to check my manual and make sure I'm not telling you to do it the wrong way.

By the way, the spark plugs are WAY down in there, so make sure you have a few socket extenstions on hand.

·
Registered
252 Posts
I have a 01 and it's the same as mine. Turn your petcock to OFF and take off the valve. Loosen the clamp on the petcock end of the hose take it off (a few drops of gas may be present, nothing to worry about). Take off the bolts and the tank will come right off. I never had to plug the hose or my tank.

·
Registered
2,694 Posts
yea tommy had it right..when i took mine off i didn't take off the petcock(?), i just lent the tank over while the hoses were connected then removed them one by one and then turn the tank upside down so the gas wouldn't pour out

·
Registered
105 Posts
ya I did it the same way Spartan did it. I just kinda lent the tank over and my friend disconnected the fuel hose. No more than 5 min of work.. Also I just shut off the fuel valve on the tank, so a few mm of gas will leak out.. no biggie though.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.