Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I purchased my 6R about a month ago, got about 300 miles on it.
After I get it serviced, the first performance extra Im going to put on is going to be a full system w/ a jet kit.
My bike is red/black and Micron has a sweet black fading to red pipe, I was wondering what you guys recommend and what benefits the best. power? look? sound?
Thanks

Gatti
02 ZX6R
94 Z28 LT1

·
Registered
262 Posts
For Power I would recommend Muzzy, Akrapovic, Leo Vinci. The higher HP rated pipes/systems will run more $. For looks I like the colored cans from Micron. I think I'm going with new Muzzy Stainless w/ 98-99 headers and Ivan's Jet Kit on 01 ZX6R. www.ivansperformanceproducts.com Rated about 105 HP. at rear wheel. I have talked with Micron reps and looked at Dyno's for their full race system and the HP was very little above stock, w/ 2 dips in the curve down low. Not worth the money in my opinion. When Micron makes Serpent headers for the ZX6R it could post bigger numbers, they said they will make them but they cost some money. Already make big HP for GSXR and ZX12.

Edited by - spuk0 on 07/30/2002 09:58:19

·
Registered
3,728 Posts
you talking about this can :) It's a photoshop pic of what I want my bike to look like when I get more money ;)

My Drinking Team Has a Racing Problem!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I found a Yoshi Zyclone full system, stainless, last yrs model on closeout for $400, and the same w/ a carbon pipe for $500.
The sam place has a Yoshi full system Race w/ carbon pip for $650, and a high mount race full for $700.
Whats up with these Yoshi's??
Thanks for the info

Gatti
02 ZX6R
94 Z28 LT1

·
Registered
1,276 Posts
I'm happy with my Yosh RS-3 slip-on. I couldn't tell you how much power it's good for, but it's better than stock. It's got a nice sound to it too.

·
Registered
6 Posts
i would go with a micron... they are quality pipes and they sound amazing on 6r's IMO. not too loud, with a nice rich rumble. i had a friend with the yosh on his 6r and it seemed too quiet..

·
Registered
1,276 Posts
Yosh makes a quieter pipe too, forget the name. But the RS-3 is not as loud as, say a D&D (not that I've heard a D&D on a 6R, but I've heard the stories). But it's definatly not quiet either. It's a lot louder than stock, in fact it kinda bothered me at first till i got used to it. And people can hear me coming from far away. The RS-3 is a race pipe. I think they get louder with age too, and mine was bought used, so go figure.

·
Registered
19 Posts
i have a RS3 full exhaust with factory race jet kit.

weight loss 13 lbs.
HP gain 11 to the rear.

of course every bikes engine is different. remember those snazzy dyno runs from the manufacture are best case scenarios.
i have heard good things from muzzy also except they don't last long and when the baffles go hold on to your ears, they get loud. stay away from d&d, vance and hines, micron if you want performance out of this exhaust. i would look into M4, yosh, akrapovic, possibly leo vinci. hope this helps. hey if you got cash to blow go penske, you'll love that shit.hahaha

·
Registered
22 Posts
I have a full carbon fiber muzzy system, the muzzy is awesome and goes great with my green bike. Right now i am not jett'd, this wednesday i will be. My low end and mid-range are poor right now, but my top end screams. The GSXR's usually get me off the line, but i tach out my bike and by the time i hit 2nd and tach it out i am already ahead of them. The muzzy is nice and low-toned, is relatively quiet at low rpm's but once u get up at 10-11k it screams....really nice system.

However, I am currently talkin to muzzy about a design flaw they had in their system. I will post pics in a few hours or so. Anyways, apparently, the systems needs to be spaced 1-1.5 inches from the swingarm assembly. My rear brake caliper boot went straight through my pipe when i came down really hard from a bump in the road. Muzzy says it is my fault, but i think the bike should have full motion of the swing arm, which is doesn't. I'll post pics and ya'll can tell me what you think?

I'm outtie!

Bri

A wise man once said worrying is like sitting in a rocking chair, it gives ya something to do, but doesn't soplve the problem!!!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.