Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As per Kawasaki Canada, the full specs on the ZX-10R will be released this Friday. Then we will finaly know if it really had the best power to weight ratio off its class.

·
Registered
1,186 Posts
Originally posted by BOXER1

As per Kawasaki Canada, the full specs on the ZX-10R will be released this Friday. Then we will finaly know if it really had the best power to weight ratio off its class.
If we have the full specs of new Blade by friday...

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The 1000RR's specs have already been released. I forgot the exact figures but it's around 30 lbs heavier than the current 954 and it's crank hp is around 163 I beleive. It's not even close :D.

·
Registered
1,186 Posts

The 1000RR's specs have already been released. I forgot the exact figures but it's around 30 lbs heavier than the current 954 and it's crank hp is around 163 I beleive. It's not even close :D.
Care to share the source of the information?

I haven't seen any official specs yet. Rumours say that it's about the same weight than kawi... We'll see soon enough, I guess.

·
Registered
1,392 Posts

I think that Honda has not officially released final specs. If you have better info, just let it out :)

There was info on one internet site, that it would be 165hp / 178kg (954RR Fireblade was 168kg...). But lets wait for the official info.

And ofcourse numbers on paper don't say anything. I'd like to see all the new litre bikes strapped on a same dyno and scale.

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Well its Friday, and Kawasaki Canada has just posted the same sh*t that we have already seen before :(. I guess we still have to wait for Kawasaki to post the full specs on the bike. I'm sorry for the false alarm everyone.

·
Registered
2,691 Posts
EXCEPT !!!

That they say right in the press release it will have the best power-to-weight ratio in the class. Unless that class doesn't include the R1, Gixxer, and 10RR, I'm thinking they've said what you were hoping. It also states this on the Kawasaki Canada website (click here to see the 10R page).

Should make for some wild shootouts next year like the 600 class this year...

(by the way... here's the link to the press release from Kawasaki from Aug 29 in .pdf format... may take a sec to load...)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.