Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I started using Mobil 1 (MX4T) 10W40 at 5000 miles, and have changed my oil at 7500 since then. I have 10000 miles now and would like to know the effects of switching to ELF (MX4T) 10W40 at my next oil change. Is it good, bad, or does it not matter if you switch from one full synthetic to another?

·
Registered
370 Posts
same crap, usually...make sure its either for bikes or high perf cars...

do a oil search, youll see people love Mobil 15w-50 and same desity motul

·
Registered
310 Posts
local dealership doesn't even carry synthetic oil because it causes cylinder glazing in the motors and ultimately results in failure.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Just switched to the Mobil 15W50 and could not be happier. Quieter engine and smoother shifts. Anyways you should be able to go from synth to dino and back. If synth was so bad then why would they make it, let alone dealers sell it.

Great Site!!!

·
Powerhungry
37,952 Posts
Originally posted by titan6r
I started using Mobil 1 (MX4T) 10W40 at 5000 miles, and have changed my oil at 7500 since then. I have 10000 miles now and would like to know the effects of switching to ELF (MX4T) 10W40 at my next oil change. Is it good, bad, or does it not matter if you switch from one full synthetic to another?
only 10k?? you slacker!!
ive got 10k this yr already.
hahaha
oh and as far as oil goes...dont ask me.....
kawi chem for me only...
how u like those cold rides in the morning?

·
Registered
28 Posts
Originally posted by nevada

only 10k?? you slacker!!
ive got 10k this yr already.
hahaha
oh and as far as oil goes...dont ask me.....
kawi chem for me only...
how u like those cold rides in the morning?
Kawi chem for me too... i just bought my bike and gave it an oil change...:D 3100 miles on an 03 not too bad...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.