Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
331 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
the ongoing quest to find the perfect exhaust :D, i cant seem to pick the one i want.

ive alread told myself i want a full system; after comparing two GSXR 750s, one with a Yosh full system, on with a Yosh bolt-on... there is SUCH a difference in the sound.

anyway, i was wondering how an Akrapovic race system (SS header, TI pipe) on an '03 would compare to a Yosh full system on a '99 750... i realize its kind of specific, but any help would be great.

(and im sure DJ DUNZIE will have some good comments for me :))

·
Registered
2,691 Posts
LOL

Where did THAT come from??? Seriously though, I ride with 4 Yosh's and I've had a Yosh in the past. They're a VERY good pipe and imo are one of the nicest sounding pipes on the market. They're throaty and have just about the right volume to them.

However, now that I've owned my first Akrapovic system, until I find something better, I won't be going back. The fit and finish is better than anything I've ever seen and I love the sound. It's not raunchy, and to me sounds, well, just better quality in sound (hard to explain). It's not obnoxious at low rpms, but when you get the bike revving it's just sweet music. Put it this way, on one of our rides this year, about 8 of my regular riding bros and I were sitting looking at the bikes and 7 of the 8 said they liked the Akrapovic sound best of all of 'em (our group includes a Kerker, several Yosh's, a couple Hindles, a Two Bros, and a Micron). And for finish, they all agreed it's the best.

BUT then again, several of them said they don't know if they could justify the difference in price between the Yosh and the Akrapovic despite all that. It's a matter of opinion - I say find someone who's got the pipe installed on a similar bike and have a look and listen yourself.

"Keep yer feet on the pegs and your right hand cranked."

·
Registered
331 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i didnt mean anything bad by it; i just meant that you usually have some pretty informative things to say about exhaust choices, so i expected some good help.

thanx again --

·
Registered
3,106 Posts
The Akra is the overall better choice, but it is up to you to decide whether or not it is worth the extra money. If having one of the best is really important to you, then you should get the Akra. If you are only looking for an upgrade above stock and don't desire the top of the line, then the Yosh will suit you just fine.

·
Registered
331 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
too late! just ordered the Akrapovic race system and a PCIII-usb -- they say it should be here b Friday which would be great!!

:D:D:D

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.