Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So me and my girlfriend were making a run out the highway to her parents house about 90 km away. We pulled on the highway and were crusing at around 120 km/h and this Audi with a guy and girl around our age (23) flew by pretty fast, so I decided I would catch up to them a hang with them for the way out. Now I don't see any problem with that, I usually do it all the time with other cars or bikes, not racing just crusing out together.

So, after a few minutes they slowed down to 120 or so and I passed them and just kept on going at about 150. About 10 minutes later, they caught up to me and passed me and the guy gave me the finger. So I was like what the fuck and decided to keep up with them, who at this point were going a lot faster then they had before. So after a few minutes we came to the off ramp and they must have assumed that I was going straight instead of turning off so they gave me the finger and the guy threw a pepsi bottle out the sun roof trying to hit us. So I was pretty pissed and stayed on their tail for about 20 kms with the intentions of following them a pounding the shit out of buddy, but I calmed down during the ride and when it came time for me to exit I pulled up along side of them, who at this point they didn't even look at me cause they probably thought I was a pyscho or something, and spit on her car and yelled at them a bit. It was funny to see the looks on their faces.

So the best part is that when I got home I called the police and told them that two people were in front of me throwing stuff at me on the highway and they were drinking, driving drunk. I gave their lisence plate and stuff to the cops, so 2 minutes after getting off the phone, a highway cop called me and asked where they were a what not. So about an hour later I get a call from the cop saying he pulled them over and gave misses the breathalizer and she was crying and shit cause it was he dads car, haha. And of course he said they denied everything but I don't care, as long as they got a fright. The cop never said but I don't think they got in trouble. Stupid bastards.

Sorry for being so long but I thoguht it was funny. Don't know if this has ever happened to anyone else.

·
Super Moderator
5,830 Posts
I've called the police in the past, but I've never gotten any calls back. I'm not sure if that means they got away or if the cops just never called me back.

Subliminal, I've never had anybody intentionally throw a bottle at me (at least I don't think it was intentional), but somebody did throw a bottle out of their car once while I was behind them and on an on-ramp. Naturally, the bottle fell right in my line and freaked me out (I had just gotten my bike and wasn't used to it, yet). I was pretty angry at that. I'd be furious if somebody threw a bottle at me intentionally.

·
Registered
312 Posts
never had a BOTTLE thrown at me, but i've had paper balls, cig butts, plastic wrappers, rocks/marbles...all kinds of shit thrown at me (or at least they exited the car window and directed themselves into my patch of travel leaving me with little to no egress :D )

somebody changed lanes and brake checked me when i was in the middle of a 2nd gear stand up. I leaned the bike over one lane and promptly knocked his side view mirror off (carbon fiber knuckled ftw)

that shit sucked (for them [8]

·
Registered
522 Posts
Originally posted by 2Slow2tedius
I leaned the bike over one lane and promptly knocked his side view mirror off (carbon fiber knuckled ftw)
bwahaha, dunno ya dude but i just get this hilarious immage of a guy on a bike throwing a left haymaker and watching the mirror/housing just shatter everywhere. that just made my evening right there!

·
Got lime? I do
16,736 Posts
had a guy in a truck pulling a lawnmower trailer in front of 3 of us go off the side of the road back and forth thhrowing grass and dirt on us. i pulled up beside him and cussed him out. i wished i had my carbon fiber nuckle gloves on cause i wanted to do the same that 2slow up there did. we all got in front of him a made him roll at about 30 mph for a while haha

·
Registered
510 Posts
That could be some bad Karma for you.

Keep in mind that every car you pass can do the same thing to you. Dial their cell phone and tell the cops some crazy kid on a "green crotch rocket" is speeding and driving recklessly. Every Kawasaki in a 50 mile range will be getting harassed. Just a thought. :D

·
Where is hoser??
17,340 Posts
I think that it is good you called the police on the two idiots in the Audi. I probably would have done the same thing.

--David

·
Registered
2,853 Posts
ive thought of doing something like that but frankly its not worth wrecking my bike and dying if i overbalance punching a mirror.

·
Registered
7,921 Posts
I'll be the minority and say yea it probably was your fault for trying to catch up to them.. People take that crap as taunts when your fucking with them on the highway especially if your going at a high rate of speed to begin with.. I woulda been pissed at a biker too if i seen him come flying up on my butt while i was speeding.. Not to the point where things would be flying out the window or even a finger but if you woulda left the guy alone i bet you woulda never had the problem..

·
DEATH TO THE ISA!!!
10,796 Posts
Originally posted by spitz04
I'll be the minority and say yea it probably was your fault for trying to catch up to them.. People take that crap as taunts when your fucking with them on the highway especially if your going at a high rate of speed to begin with.. I woulda been pissed at a biker too if i seen him come flying up on my butt while i was speeding.. Not to the point where things would be flying out the window or even a finger but if you woulda left the guy alone i bet you woulda never had the problem..
Really? I get the exact opposite response.

Whenever a car goes speeding by me and I catch up, we usually acknowledge each other. Either a smile, a nod, a wave, etc. I've had it happen a couple times with BMWs and a Corvette. We then continue on and try to have some fun.

But it was also with "older" guys that this happened - like late 20s and 30s. I don't fuck around with teenage punks in ricers. They'll run you off the road....

·
Registered
1,686 Posts
Originally posted by MadViking
That could be some bad Karma for you.

Keep in mind that every car you pass can do the same thing to you. Dial their cell phone and tell the cops some crazy kid on a "green crotch rocket" is speeding and driving recklessly. Every Kawasaki in a 50 mile range will be getting harassed. Just a thought. :D
This has happened to me, I was riding with this guy who was taunting me in his subaru. He honked his horn flahsed his lights, begged me to race him. So I gave him a quick 0-80 and he kept up...i slowed...then he passed me and cut of a car. We then got tied up in the traffic and stop lights. About 5 miles down the road we're just riding at the speed limit and this cop pulls us both over saying. "I got 3 or 4 911 callers saying that there was a crotch rocket and a car racing"...he was furious! I told the cop that all it was was some heavy acceleration...and it occured waaaaaaaaaay back , we were not racing. I was honest with him for the most part, showed insurance and all that stuff. THEN, he checks the other guys stuff and the first thing out his mouth was "It wasn't me I wasn't racing that guy on the ninja". I'm thinking to myself what a dumbass, so the cop let me go free and told the other guy if he ever caught him again he'd take him straight to jail, and he was pissed that he lied. Then the cop was like be safe, and I proceeded doing the speed limit, but he was flying... We came to the light together and I asked him a couple questions, but no ticket or anything.

·
Sportbike Scum; Ex-Mod.
4,215 Posts
I think cops hate being played for a fool more than anything else. If you're straight with them and show the least remorse (if you've done something stupid), they'll be more likely to cut you a break.

·
fap-o-caster
50,488 Posts
instances like this make me want to do what a friend suggested. Carry a pocketful of steel ball bearings, and get ahead of the and just let one drop as you can do it without making too much body movement. Take it out of pocket, hold it for a short while, and then just let it loose. Will at least take out a light. I know, lowering ourselves to their idiotic level, but they deserve it sometime!

strat

·
Un-Stealth Administrator
8,215 Posts
I was riding next to a guy one night about a year or so ago who had to have been more than just drunk. I mean, this guy would roll up to a stop light, roll straight through the red light without stopping, then come to a complete stop once completely through the intersection, and look confused, like 'where did the stop light go?'... he did that once, then went all the way through a light, then stopped and put it in reverse and backed through the intersection again with the light still red for us, passed me waiting at the line while in reverse, and kept backing up a good 50 to 100 feet, just rolling backwards, then the light turned green and he went forward again...he was all over the road all over the place making left hand turns from the far right lane, right turns from the far left, driving on the wrong side of the road...I mean EVERYTHING. So I followed him (from a distance) until he finally pulled into a gas station, and I pulled over on the side of the road and called the cops, gave them his license plate, car make model and color, and a description of the guy who was driving, and told them which station he was at and which direction he was traveling on the road before stopping, then went home. Never heard back, but I hope to god they caught him. Anyone that is SO STUPID that they would actually drive while THAT messed up deserves to have their license revoked permanently. At the least.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.