Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was out after work last night riding with a few guys I met last week. Well it's about 2 or 3am (I don't get off til midnight) and one of the guys wants to stop by to see this chick he just met while she's at work at the hospital. After leaving her job and one of the guys I was with who wasn't familiar with the area noticed a bunch of "chicks" with tight outfits waving him down. He's the aggressive type, we tried to warn him by beeping our horns but he pulled right up to them. Well the rest of us new and kept going to the light hoping he would get the hint. {Now we all know where this story is leading}......at this time is when the bad part comes (for me). I tried to get his attention with my Muzzy can and after three flicks of the wrist my bike didn't sound right. By this time he notices that he was the meat in the middle of two more pieces of meat he made his bike look like it had reverse and came racing by us at the light. Well as much as I love my bike ummmmmm I wasn't going to wait around there to figure out what's wrong. Of course due to my friend's embarassment he kept his bike moving and didn't let up off the throttle so I had to catch up to let everyone know that I was having problems. After ragging on him about his sexual preference we all listened to my bike. They slightly could hear the difference but I could hear it and feel it. It's sounds like a Harley a little, there seems to be a bubbling/rumbling and when I'm in first it acts like it wants to shut off. We sat there to allow it to cool off thinking it may be minor but after and hour it was still acting the same. So I headed in worrying about what could be wrong with my bike......And all this time my gf's b/day is today and I had to spend extra molla on her present cause I was feeling guilty for staying out all night, getting in right before she has to leave for work and not having a gift for her when she woke up.

Flame On I know I deserve it!!!!
And any ideas as to what's up with the 9.

·
Registered
748 Posts
in a way it sounds like it's not firing on all 4 cylinders... how difficult is it to pull the plugs/wires on this beast? ensure that all the wires are secure on the plugs.

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks, I'll check into that. I was thinking about the plugs too like one is miss firing. I haven't changed the plugs since I purchased the bike. But Thanks again for insight.

·
Registered
1,905 Posts
Changing the plugs is a lot easier than you think. Pull the tank, then the airbox. Pop off the coils and there you have it. Use antisieze on your new plugs. Cuz of the aluminum heads.

·
Registered
748 Posts
actually, *easier* is relative...;) i had direct access to the 7S plugs... all 4 could be changed in 15 minutes (but it took 30 minutes to find my socket & ratchet)

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I'm picking up the new plugs at today and will try to install them tomorrow morning. If that doesn't work I'll take it to the local shop. And if you guys are right I owe you a cold one!!!!

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
JCP636 Whatz up Joe!!!Hopefully I'll have everything up and running tomorrow, but I'm up for a ride to the races. I haven't been down there in a while.

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Update: Kilaman, JCP636 and ****** I owe you all a cold one with a double shot of something top-shelf. I took the bike apart late last night to view the plugs and they were cooked a tad bit. So I grabbed the new plugs this morning and installed them, then what do you know? No more misfiring just a smooth grrrrr!!!

I changed the oil too since it was coming up soon and I'm can't put into words how good it feels when you do it yourself. It feels like a fresh new bike.

I guess I'll be stopping in GA first and then I'll head to FL. Thanks again fellas I was worried there a bit.

JCP636 let me know if you're still going down tonight.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.