Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
689 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am going to be installing three blue LED tubes on my 03 636 for accent lighting. I have the hotbodies undertail kit with the yellow LED turn signals integrated in it. That eliminated the license plate light. I used the existeing factory wires for the license plate light for a blue LED "spotlight" that lights up the license plate a sweet blue. I was paranoid of getting attention from cops, so I hooked it up to a switch in the cockpit area. My question is :
Off that same switch can I safely hook up three 4.5 inch LED tubes and not blow any fuses? Does the factory license plate light run off the same fuse as the brake light, or the ACC fuse? Under the driver seat, on the right there is a single yellow wire with a plug, is that a 12 volt accessory lead? If it blows a the fuse, I will try a 15 amp fuse. And if that blows, I'll just hook the LED tubes up to teh battery with an in line fuse and switch. I doubt it will blow anything due to LEDs taking about 1/100th of the power it takes to light a normal filiment bulb. But I just wanna be safe and find out what that one yellow wire is for. As usual, thanks everybody for the help. I will be getting a nice digi-cam for Christmas, and will be posting pics of my silver baby.

·
Registered
934 Posts
Hey duh1nonly, I can't speak for that yellow wire you described as I have an '01... But if I were you I'd hook up these new LED tubes to that same cockpit switch you're using for that blue LED "spotlight", keeps it easy to kill all of your "accent" lighting with the flick of one switch. You SHOULDN'T have any troubles since you're only adding in a few LEDs that won't draw much current at all. As for what fuse the licence plate runs off of, just unplug the brake light fuse and see if that kills the light...

Do you have any pics of these LED tubes or a link where we might find them?? (I'd just like to see any specs to make sure I'm giving you good advice...) [8D]

·
Registered
689 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Sure. I will put up the link when I get into work tomorrow.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.