Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
1,288 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, that didnt take long......the clutch wont hold any kind of boost over 5psi now...just blows right through it AGAIN.....Even with the new springs.........I went out to try and fine tune the map and I turned the boost down to about 7psi today and made 2 hits on the expressway, from 2nd gear through 4th with the stock gearing....starting around 70mph and got it working good then cranked the boost up to 10-12psi made 2 hits the same way and on the second hit it just blew right through the clutch.........LOCK UP PLEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEASE.......:mad:

·
Registered
5,766 Posts
x2 on the lockup that poor clutch cant with stand the power u layin down Kirk, also Kirk have u looked into maybe doing some fab work to the stock basket to see if u can solve your problem

·
Registered
1,660 Posts
Well, that didnt take long......the clutch wont hold any kind of boost over 5psi now...just blows right through it AGAIN.....Even with the new springs.........I went out to try and fine tune the map and I turned the boost down to about 7psi today and made 2 hits on the expressway, from 2nd gear through 4th with the stock gearing....starting around 70mph and got it working good then cranked the boost up to 10-12psi made 2 hits the same way and on the second hit it just blew right through the clutch.........LOCK UP PLEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEASE.......:mad:

The major problem we're running into is getting the clutch cover spacer machined. They have the billet block but we can't find anyone to economically measure and CNC the piece in a timely manner. Do you have a machine shop connections? If so we can get the ball rolling.

·
Got lime? I do
16,736 Posts
throw in an extra steel plate in the middle of the stack. you can also try washers behind the springs to make them stiffer.

or have you tried this?

·
Got lime? I do
16,736 Posts
hmm, somethings not rite man. it should hook up, or you've slipped the clutch and it's gone.

don't take long to burn one up with that kinda power.

·
Registered
1,660 Posts
I may have someone......what all do we need..??
A spacer for the cluth cover...what if we can modify the stock one....like cut the middle out and space it..?
The problem with cutting the middle out is you still need the clutch pull piece arm. Spacing out the entire clutch cover seems to be the only option. Let me know what you come up with?

·
Registered
1,660 Posts
It would be interesting to see if the input shaft splines were the same for the inner hub and if the crank drive gear would line up with basket. Its a long shot but it may work.

·
Registered
138 Posts
Dont wanna sound stupid, but what do youguys mean by, "spacing" the clutch cover, I get everything else but I dont understand this.

·
Registered
138 Posts
Ahhh I get it, I know how a normal clutch works...Ive never heard of a lockup clutch though.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts