Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
1,154 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just in case you didn't know.

ok, i'm really bad at explaining things, so i'll try my best.

If you remove your reflectors on the front fender and need screws, you can use the two screws that held the plastic pieces to the metal bracket under the exhaust.

They're the same screws.

sorry if its a dup.

·
Registered
1,765 Posts
i did the same thing, it looks cleaner then a front fairing missing screws, plus, you would want two screws on the front fairing, if you only had 2 on the front fender im thinking it might rock back and forth.

·
Registered
1,537 Posts
Originally posted by slam150
i did the same thing, it looks cleaner then a front fairing missing screws, plus, you would want two screws on the front fairing, if you only had 2 on the front fender im thinking it might rock back and forth.
Yes it will...

·
Registered
1,165 Posts
i had my plastics painted and for some reason i had extra screws lol... i used them

·
Registered
1,154 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Originally posted by MRWGLO92
I heard it will help hold the bike together better in case you lay it down! [:p]
plus if you have the screws in it causes the air to flow smoother around the front end. It also adds 4.5602843 HP. LOL

·
Registered
1,165 Posts
plus if you have the screws in it causes the air to flow smoother around the front end. It also adds 4.5602843 HP. LOL
now imagine if you used probolts

·
Registered
3,119 Posts
This is also correct for the 2003-2004 6R's. If you remove the rear fender, the two screws holding it together are the same as the two front fender screws.

·
Registered
1,726 Posts
I just bought 2 extras from the dealer for $3, but then again I still have my rear plastics on with the competition werks fender eliminator.

·
Registered
579 Posts
this has probably already been stated, but the front fender will move around slightly(enough to bother me) without the bolts installed.

·
Registered
1,537 Posts
Originally posted by slam150
ok, so we have established that bolts hold the bike together right?
Well you can also use chewing gum but that doesn't work quite as well..

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.