Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just rode from Gainesville to West Palm and back over the weekend and it was a brutal trip

it is 280 miles ~ one way so the whole trip was almost 600 miles

so far i haven't put much miles on my bike because of school, weather, and the fact that i've had to leave my bike in gainesville when i have been away. I had 600 miles on my bike which i got at the end of May, and now it has 1200 miles on it, i thought it was pretty funny that i doubled my miles in 2 days worth of riding, but it really was exhausting. I stopped every 100 miles to tank up, stretch, eat, walk around etc. that means i stopped twice which worked out perfect. it took ~4 hrs or so one way, i didnt really pay attention because i wasn't gonna be late or anything, but i was flying around 90mph the whole way.

i was wondering what kind of tips you guys and gals have to keep fresh on long trips, after that ride im considering gettin a corbin seat, cause my ass and gooch(lol jack ass slang) was sore as hell, i really wasnt tucked down on the tank but rather sat up and just let the wind hold me up kinda to keep from getting my back tired from tucking in behind the screen, also, holding the tank w/ your knees is pretty easy to do on short trips, but my legs were getting tired as hell

it was an awesome trip, next time ill prolly drive my car, i just had to ride it down to show it to my bro, i really was tired after the ride down there and didn't know how i would handle driving back up the next day, but it wasn't that bad

i wouldn't even want to imagine what it would be like w/out wearing earplugs for that long of a ride and at those speeds

·
Registered
47 Posts
It won't get as tiring once you ride more often. I just have to switch positions on the bike to keep the legs and back fresh. For the most part I try to get way back on the seat, lean forward and put my left hand up on the tank. I kind of rest my chest on my arm/hand for a while. Just keep your abs tight and you won't have to use your legs as much. I work out a lot and have a thicker than normal chest and abs, so maybe it's easier for me to use the extra meat.lol

Then I'll sit up like you say and let the wind take some of the work. I know what you mean about the gooch bro.haha I ride to UCF 3-4 times/week and the first week was rough. Now i'm used to it. I guess it's like riding a horse or somethin'. Just gotta break in the crotch for the long rides.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.