Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here are some pics of a Word doc I got from Galfer on how to install the SS Superbike brake lines(front) on a 2005 ZX6R 636 ... I saw people asked about these in a few posts... Pretty sure they will work atleast generally for any ninja or brand brakelines. For the record this isn't copywritten and Galfer said I could post it online.

JUST KEEP IN MIND THESE BRAKELINES ARE MEANT TO BE INSTALLED BY A PRO WRENCH OTHERWISE ALL LIABILITY IS WAIVED BY GALFER !!!

But if you want to give it a go here is how you should do it. Sorry the forum wouldn't let me post a .doc so I had to take pics of my screen...if anybody wants a copy of the .doc just PM me.

·
Premium Member
10,463 Posts
Thanks for the Post man....Now i know what my new brakelines will look like.[:p]

Will be buying my Galfer Superbike lines next week to go on my new Brembo 19x18 Radila...OH BABY!!!!!

yeah i guess i wont have a warranty on mine once again oh well, not like it is rocket science to insallt or antyhing...

·
Registered
120 Posts
Special install note for people who have after market levers... you may have to do some dremel work on your brake master cylinder as I have Pazzo levers and they would hit the top banjo at full engagement. Realistically, you would rarely have the brake lever pulled in to the max but should you have a leak or lose pressure, you'll wish you had all the clearance you could get. Cheers!

·
Registered
469 Posts
Originally posted by Chewysc
Special install note for people who have after market levers... you may have to do some dremel work on your brake master cylinder as I have Pazzo levers and they would hit the top banjo at full engagement. Realistically, you would rarely have the brake lever pulled in to the max but should you have a leak or lose pressure, you'll wish you had all the clearance you could get. Cheers!
You WILL NOT have to do any dremel work on your master cylinder. Just take off your brake lever a file a little away. I had to do mine so that it barely hits the light switch and clears the banjo by about 1/32 of an inch.

·
Registered
469 Posts
Originally posted by Bret The Ripper
wow i could have used those instructions. Make sure the right side is not looped around the right fork in a way that causes it to bend into the right rotor.

I put mine on wrong and wrecked bad because of it. [V]
Your line went in front of the forks and caught on something? That really sucks. Glad your alright though.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.