Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Premium Member
10,463 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok with some others that are interested here we go..As of right now the guy i deal with can do this for us and the price will drop the more people we can get...
Galfer Stainless steel brake line Kit...$80.00 Shipped
Galfer stainless Steel Superbike kit....$95.00 Shipped

Please list which kit you would want..price will get cheaper with the more buyers we have

1.JD-----------Superbike Kit
2.Nevada-------Standard Kit
3.S4one--------
4.Harvs04zx6---

·
Registered
1,503 Posts
How low do you think the price will drop? I can get the standard kit for 65-70 bucks at a local dealer, so I dont want to say I am in, and then pay more than I would locally.

·
Registered
738 Posts
count me in, clear superbike lines for a 06 636. how much for the rear line?

·
Powerhungry
38,146 Posts
ok, whats the diff between the suberbike and the standard? and if not clear, what else is there? these are coated? maybe i should research it..but i know these area a good upgrade. so i figured i get em..didnt know there was soo many options.

·
Registered
879 Posts
[:Dumbass]

Some pics would be nice. I can't picture "clear" brakelines...? And before any of you suggest it, I've already been to the Galfer website and I wasn't impressed. Couldn't find much information at all. So... can somebody explain the difference between the two kits?

·
Registered
1,622 Posts
Its just the rubber tube around it. If you get clear you see the raw ss steel. If you get colors you cannot see the brake line, all you see is a black, red, blue line.

·
Premium Member
10,463 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Ok.....
Regular stainless steel BRAIDED lines have the normal round ends on them like a washer.....this is an ok system been around forever..
the fluid is squeezed from the master down the line thru end fitting which has an area built around the Banjo bolt which as we know is hollow, so there is fluid only pushing thru the hole in the banjo bolt which is making the pads compress onto the rotors.

SUPERBIKE lines...Do not have the Banjo bolt or the washer end fitting..there is an adapter that goes into the caliper and the brakeline attaches straight into it, no bends just ALL the pressure in one straight shot...more feel and power simple as that..

Yeah clear is also the silcone cover being clear, and you see the stainless braid on the lines.

·
Powerhungry
38,146 Posts
would the suberbike lines allow more adjustment down? meaning could i turn my lever further down, so i dont have to reach up to grab the brake?
if so, im in for those.
$15 is worth it for less strain om my wrist.

·
Registered
181 Posts
would i be able to get a set of fronts for my 05zzr6..??..it looks like all 06zx6s so far..jus wounderen..if so whats the price at now and if its a good deall u can prolly count me in and ill let u know what kind i would like..
p.m. me and let me know please..jus need the fronts.

·
Registered
16 Posts
You can count me in for a set of the standards if there is no problem shipping to Canada. I would also be interested in a matching line for the rear if that is an option.

·
Premium Member
10,463 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Alright was on the phone with him today and here is the deal...

He can still do the
regular stainless lines for $80.00 shipped
The superbike lines $95.00 shipped

i can find out if the canada thing is an issue, dont see why it would be.
So you can go direct with him on this and i will send you his email address....he normally does paypal

Hopefully this has helped some people out..
I went with the Galfer superbikelines in red...should be interesting
since i was going to paint my bike green..oh well

·
Registered
812 Posts
Could you check if they have the superbike kit for 98-02 ZX6R(aka 05-07 ZZR600)?
Their website doesn't list it as available. Also on the website it says they should beinstalled by a certified mechanic. Does it need special tools?

Thanks.

·
Registered
181 Posts
Originally posted by ozanbacak
Could you check if they have the superbike kit for 98-02 ZX6R(aka 05-07 ZZR600)?
Their website doesn't list it as available. Also on the website it says they should beinstalled by a certified mechanic. Does it need special tools?

Thanks.
id like to know the same....

1 - 20 of 28 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.