Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What do you guys do to open you garage door when your on the bike? I used to ride with a remote in my pocket (sucked), then I started just getting off the bike and using my remote that I keep in my truck, just had to unlock the truck door (sucked even more). Now, I just added a kit to my bike that allows me to flip the high beams twice and it'll open the door, no getting off the bike, no remote, very convenient. I have a similar system on my Harley. Anyone else have any ideas?

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I just use my keypad to open the door. Explain how your setup works though, I'm sure there isn't just a receiver that takes in the light output since that would be insecure....so you wired something in that takes the signal and transmits it to the opener?
You are correct. There's a little black box (transmitter) that taps into the two wires for the high beam, and a receiver that you attach to your existing garage door opener. Install was very easy, took about 45 minutes, only took that long because I was making sure it would also work with my Harley setup that does the same thing. It cost me about $60 on Ebay, easy install, works great, very happy with the results.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hey jd, do you have a link or any info that you could PM me so that I may do this twice switch hit.... if i decide for the garage door opener? REP if you do... I saw on one post 'while back that someone installed a lil red button that worked, thought it was cool..

I got mine for $60 on Ebay, it's called Flash 2 Pass. There are other types, such as one that'll add a button to your handlebars, but this is all internal, clean install, everything remains stock.

·
Registered
537 Posts
Just need a garage door opener that runs on a 12v battery. You can wire it direct to the highbeam or from the high beam to a relay then to the opener have it done on my bike and car like this.

·
Registered
183 Posts
will it work with roaming code door openers?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts