Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,289 Posts
Originally posted by SpeedBump
I think that the horn button would be a better choice. It's a momentary switch.
That would for sure piss off your neighbors at wee hours in the morning. I have the Freeway Blaster horn, it's pretty loud.:D

·
Registered
934 Posts
Hahaha, I'm with mred on this one... the freeway blaster horn is great. Many garage door openers need to be held for a second or so to activate anyways, so the headlight high/low switch is a great on/off choice. The horn button may be too short and the result would be that you'd need to sit there and sound your horn for a couple seconds or multiple trys... No offence but in that case I wouldn't want to be your neighbor. [8D]

·
Premium Member
8,191 Posts
Originally posted by SpeedBump
I think that the horn button would be a better choice. It's a momentary switch.
Sort of defeats the purpose of sneaking it late at night, hehe
I actually looked at the horn switch, but if I remember correctly the voltage levels are backwards for it to work.

·
Registered
112 Posts
my friend just added a seperate switch to the underside or the inner side of the vent cover i believe works great for him

·
Registered
39 Posts
Rhino makes bike alarms and also offer a garage door opener. See your local dealer and ask them about it. It should be available througs parts canada or parts unlimited. verry east to install and insurance companys love bikes with alarms. so will your pocket when you have to renew.

·
Registered
934 Posts
Originally posted by Big_Huey
Rhino makes bike alarms and also offer a garage door opener. See your local dealer and ask them about it. It should be available througs parts canada or parts unlimited. verry east to install and insurance companys love bikes with alarms. so will your pocket when you have to renew.
Hey Big_Huey, who's your insurance company? I ask because Primmum doesn't seem to give a rats-ass... I'd glady get an alarm if it would help out my rates. Also, does the alarm have to be installed by a "professional" for the insurance company to take it seriously?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.