Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
2,691 Posts
... and from all accounts the major problem with the ZXRR is NOT competitive power, but being able to put the power down to the track... this video is a case in point, although he sure looks like he's havin' some fun with it ;)

·
Registered
178 Posts
I think that was some showboating.

Kawi is not alone in trying to get the power to the ground. Aprilia is also having troubles among others. it seems power is not everything in GP's

·
Registered
1,186 Posts
Originally posted by inca_jones

I can't see how he'll be able to keep his tires for an entire race sliding through every turn like that. [?]
In fact some instances in MotoGP circles claim that in certain conditions (rear)tyres last LONGER when rider is sliding the rear.

Powersliding the rear lowers tyres temperature thus reducing wear. Hard to believe but I've read that couple of times.

·
Premium Member
8,191 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
He showboats all the time, just watch last weeks british GP, at the end he got lapped by Rossi, you could see him showing off for the crowd.
I know its fun to do and the crowd loves it, but I'd prefer he work on riding fast, I'd be happier with some better finishes rather then powerslides.

·
Registered
1,276 Posts
McCoy's always ridden that way, even on the 2 stokes. i think that's why people are saying he's not showboating, that's just his style. He did pull a wheelie at teh end of the race behind Rossi...even though he was lap down. He's trying to go fast, he's really frustrated right now, and he'll be dropped by kawi if he's not careful. His rookie teammates are outclassing kawi's hired gunslinger.

Besides...what else are Dunlops good for?! ;):D

·
Registered
7,145 Posts
Nice...

-Flash

Hey, who's knockin' Dunlops? J/K

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.