Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
1,108 Posts
I have to use Shell or Esso they are my only choices here for gas. Everyone else seems to add ethanol to their fuel here.

·
Registered
3,119 Posts
If you go to Rebel gas stations here in vegas they have 100 octane race fuel. It's like $4.00 a gallon, but a lot of people I know run it.

Ken - Yellow '02

·
Registered
53 Posts
Here in europe we have 95 and 98 as Respect said, my manual (03 6R) says to use 95 but I use 98 on my bike. Oh, and all our gases cost around 1 euro per litre so it's something like 12-15 euros = usd a tank. That sucks..

ZX-6R '03 Lime Green

·
Registered
226 Posts
In Portugal

1 litre 95 = 0.98 Euro

1 litre 98 = 1.01 Euro

1 litre 98 Shell V-Power = 1.05 Euro

1 Euro = 1.17 USD

I only use 98, and I always try to find Shell (V-Power or regular 98) or BP. If I can't find them, I prefer Galp (national brand). I never use Repsol (Spanish) because it REALLY sucks.

- Wilder than the wildest dreams!

·
Registered
3,119 Posts
I never complain about gas prices in the states. You Europeans get the royal screw job at the pump every time. I remember my father and a friend filled up their bikes for $40 usd in France, it was only about 7 gallons all together. People complain to me about gas all day and I tell them to spend some time in Europe. People don't drive small cars there to be cool, they do it because they're smart about gas prices. SUV's would never sell over there at a measly 6 miles to the gallon (I don't know the conversion). I usually get told "you're not very nice." I merely reply, "and you're not very smart."

Ken - Yellow '02

·
Registered
160 Posts
Originally posted by Ken Yellow 02

I never complain about gas prices in the states. You Europeans get the royal screw job at the pump every time. I remember my father and a friend filled up their bikes for $40 usd in France, it was only about 7 gallons all together. People complain to me about gas all day and I tell them to spend some time in Europe. People don't drive small cars there to be cool, they do it because they're smart about gas prices. SUV's would never sell over there at a measly 6 miles to the gallon (I don't know the conversion). I usually get told "you're not very nice." I merely reply, "and you're not very smart."

Ken - Yellow '02
we also drive small cars because of the road tax. How heavyer the car the more tax you pay. The bigger the engine the more tax tou pay. For my 03 6R i pay 120 euro per year. for my car, a Peugeot 106 1100 cc / 800 KG, it's about 50 euro per month. A full gas tank on my car is 55 euro.

2003 green 636

MY HOME PAGE http://emile.bikepower.nl

·
Registered
110 Posts
Man I never knew that gas was THAT expensive in europe. That sucks.

2002 Green ZX-6R

-LP flushmount V's
-Integrated rear signals
-Akrapovic Ti pipe

...more mods to come!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.