Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey, I am stumped. I start up the bike and I got a fluid coming out of the left exhaust pipe while it is running and on its kick stand. And by the smell of it, it is gas.

Any ideas?

·
Registered
197 Posts
You would know if it was not firing on all cylinders. Would be choppy... Idle would sound very different.

Pretty much anything that comes out of the exhaust... is going to smell like fuel. So even if it is condensation, it will smell like fuel.

·
Registered
2,247 Posts
Unless it's studdering it's probably just water/condensation. Do you park it outside? Come home late or at dusk? If so the cool nights could be causing it. If you're still worried take Redhead's advice and pull the plugs and check them.

·
Registered
734 Posts
You can tell anyway if it's petrol, by the feel of it. if it's very slightly oily, and feels a bit like a distilled alcohol, like methylated spirits or something, it is petrol.

If your bike has been running for anything more than a few seconds though, it would get too hot for any petrol to come out as a liquid. it would all burn up, or vapourize in the headers.

My vote is also condensation. I've seen it a few times before. Don't worry about it. It will only be a short way down the pipe....just give it a reasonably spirited ride, and it should all disappear.

·
Registered
2,295 Posts
it's just water from the air conditioner....just like on a car

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.