Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just picked up a 2007 Zx6r with 1100 miles on it and was woundering if anyone knows what octane gas to use and if the gas gauge in the light on the cluster?

·
Veteran Lowsider
20,840 Posts
87 will do fine, it was tested during research with 90 ron+mon which is like 85 octane in our system

you use the tripometer to determine how much gas you have, i get around 115 miles before the gas warning light (it means .9 gallons are remaining) you can get about 30 miles after the light goes on so dont worry.

i dont know exactly where the warning light is on the top of my head but youll see it dont worry!

·
I ♥ Cute Cats!
22,797 Posts
Fuuuuuuck are you kidding me? The whole octane thing drives me crazy with you friggin people! :mad: This is the 100+th time someone has asked what octane to put in their motorcycle and it always turns into "Oh, well my buddy says that higher octane is better because xxx" and "I tried 87 octane one time and I lost power", etc. etc.

Edit: And he's a pretty good link from Nevada: http://www.kawiforums.com/two-wheeled-discussion/119384-octane-what-ok.html

1 - 5 of 5 Posts