Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have gas leaking into the head on cylinder #1. I took the carb apart and the needle and float are fine. I can't figure out why gas is leaking into the cylinder. And its just cylinder #1 all of the others are fine. The fuel tap works fine also.

·
Registered
22 Posts
if you look at the sides of the bowls(at the bottoms) there is a screw in each one for the bowl drain. take out the screws and stick a straightened out paperclip in the hole that the screw came out of, there may be caca clogging the drains. this happened to my bike (93 zx600) let me know the outcome

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I took the screws out and stuck a paper clip through it to clean it and then I used the air hose to really clean it. Nothing came out but are the screws supposed to be in really tight? here is a picture of how tight they are screwed in. It was so tight that when I stuck a paper clip through the hole all you could feel was the screw. I have no idea if that is right or not since i've only worked on fuel injected engines. Enough talk here is the picture...

·
Registered
22 Posts
the screws are only supposed to be i little more than snug. and seeing as there was no deposit in the drain then i would say.....maybe need to sync the carbs.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
how hard is that? I don't have my factory service manual yet, but i've heard that you need special tool. I'm not too sure. What are the steps to do such a job? My bike isn't running due to the fact it blew a head gasket.

·
Registered
50 Posts
I know that you will need a 4 way vacuumm gauge. from what I hear its not that hard, just take your time. Since you made it all the way to the carbs, i am sure that you can sync them.

·
Registered
22 Posts
actually it is not too hard but i would rather you have a professional do it since they do this kind of work all day everyday just so there is no chance of f*ing it up more....just my opinion.....and you rarely need to sync carbs so it would really be a waste of money for the vacuum gauge. it may only cost 150 to get them synced and cleaned, maybe 200 but its still worth it.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Well I already had them cleaned and taken apart, they put a jet kit in and also floats and needles, but the carb leaked gas into cylinder #1 and blew the head gasket on the way home so i'll be doing all of my own work for now on. The bike was leaning so the gas had to goto cylinder #1 so is it possible it could be something else?

·
Registered
22 Posts
the slides on the carbs maybe... this happened to mine abd i cleans the drains and had the carbs synced and cleaned, then i got into the habit of shutting off my fuel when i shut off the bike, never had a problem again(just gotta remember to turn it on before starting it). you should also check your oil to see if the gas leak diluted it, if so change it. and possibly change the plugs.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.