Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
2,694 Posts
i get about 260kms to the tank..there's still some leftin it after that...at least i think that''s what i get...i can't remember..been too long since i rode..sniff sniff:(

·
Premium Member
8,191 Posts
Originally posted by spartan 116
i get about 260kms to the tank..there's still some leftin it after that...at least i think that''s what i get...i can't remember..been too long since i rode..sniff sniff:(
I am assuming thats including reserve? I get 210-220km before I have to hit reserve, I've gone upto 250km total by the time I found a gas station, which I think was close to the limit..

·
Registered
2,694 Posts
yep, reserve
heh i was getting worried by the end of that trip let me tell you lol. that was the longest i had been so didn't know when i would run out of fuel

·
Registered
206 Posts
ZX6R - Used to get about 150 before the light came on when I was running in. Now it depends on the roads. Last Sunday, with a lot of cold, wet roads, 145, warm dry roads about 130. Once the light comes on I reckon you've probably got 45 careful miles.

ZR7S - about 200 before reserve

·
Registered
128 Posts
Hey 2001zx6r you do have a fuel indicator, it's called the reserve tank. When you run out of fuel switch to reserve and look for a servo![:p]

I get about 200km before hitting the reserve tank on my '96

·
Registered
246 Posts
I got a '98 6R..and mine don't come with a warning light:(,I ran out of gas once, so I pulled over and set the petcock to reserve fuel but it took along time and quite a few cranks for the reserve to kick in, and One other time it never started on the reserve. what gives?
[?]

·
Registered
119 Posts
i get about 120 before the light comes on, then i refuel as quick as possible, if not before (around 110-115 if i see a gas station)

·
Registered
934 Posts
Originally posted by kwak6r
I got a '98 6R..and mine don't come with a warning light:(,I ran out of gas once, so I pulled over and set the petcock to reserve fuel but it took along time and quite a few cranks for the reserve to kick in, and One other time it never started on the reserve. what gives?
[?]
The time that it never started on reserve... was it on reserve when you ran out? ;)

With the reserve petcock feature: When in the "on" position and the km's are starting to get up there (say 200km's) and suddenly the bike starts to "bog" or loose power... Switch to reserve at this point and the bike should regain power before the engines dies. (That way you won't have to pull to the side of the road and spend a few minutes trying to get the bike to refire.)

·
Registered
2,694 Posts
Originally posted by kwak6r
[?]
to add to what BSHAP said, the reason it won't refire is because you've drained the carbs...you must switch it over while the engine is running

·
Registered
934 Posts
I didn't say that it won't refire... I said it would take time... and yes, that is because the system has been run dry. You don't HAVE to switch over while the engine is running, but I'd advise it.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.