Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
605 Posts
I'm getting almost 39 mpg on the street.
The fuel light comes on right around 140 miles.
So for me, walking should start at close to 190 miles. :D

·
Registered
124 Posts
I'm getting in the 38-41 mpg range mostly in town. My light comes on at about 135 and I'll go to 150 and fill up. I usually find that there is at least 1.2 gallons left in the tank when I fill up.

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the info
The reason I'm asking is because my light came on yesterday for the first time and before that I had never noticed....I have a friend that told me that he got 180 out of a tank with out reserve, with reserve he said another 30 miles..(99 ZX7) I don't know but it sounded like crap to me.

Thanks

·
Registered
56 Posts
Wow, well i guess i dont have any mods or anything, but my 2000 gets near 50 MPG. i fill up at 200 to be safe.. ps. my reserve doesnt work for some reason, found that out the hard way at 235.. lol [xx(]

·
Registered
7,145 Posts
I don't rev like a madman, so I am getting over 40 MPG easy. Probably closer to 50 MPH. I have only got to the reserve twice. I hate having to switch the petcock while riding so I try to not let it get that low.

Usually I fill up by listening to how the gas sounds sloshing around in the tank. Best way to measure in my opinion.

-Flash

·
Registered
1,645 Posts
Wasn't this discussed before? But reading this I question it once more. What the hell, I get 160KM on a full tank.
That's around 100Miles and then I go to fill up. Now you have me questioning it all again...

·
Registered
344 Posts
I just put in 2.8 gallons with 82 road miles on the tank, that's 29 MPG.

For comparison, I also have a 2002 CBR-954 that usually gets 45-50 on the road.

·
Registered
605 Posts
Well, I posted previously that I was getting ~39 mpg.

But, now that she's broken in, my mileage has dropped. :(

There seems to be a problem with my throttle. (Or maybe it's just a problem with my right hand.) :D:D:D

·
Registered
3,728 Posts
i got anywhere from 45MPG to 60MPG....depeding on the type of riding

I average 160 miles before I have to hit reserve....

·
Registered
24 Posts
Holy crap! My gas light comes on at 100 miles on my '03 636.

Am I the only one that red lines every gear everytime I ride?!?!?[:p]

·
Premium Member
477 Posts
I have never redlined, but I have only been riding for a few months so break-in is included. [:I] 1,298 miles so far.

·
Registered
155 Posts
I get about 110mi before the light comes on and it takes 3.5 to 3.6 gallons to fill her up. Horrible gas mileage. But instead of having a lead foot, I have a heavy wrist. Very heavy. haha.

·
Premium Member
2,132 Posts
Like Mungla I get to about 110 miles before my light comes on.

·
Registered
155 Posts
Originally posted by ga6rr
Like Mungla I get to about 110 miles before my light comes on.
Kinda sucks that my sports car gets the same gas mileage as my bike. Highway mileage for car = 28-30mpg - Typical riding for bike = 30mpg. When I stop to fill up, I miss the days of getting 50-60mpg on my 250. I quickly get over it though. :D

·
Registered
562 Posts
hmm ok this is strange.... riding in COLD weather (10 degrees) to work yesterday morning reserve came on and so i filled it up... this morning reserve came on AGAIN... my ride to work is 35miles... so ride home alst night and ride to work this morning couldnt have been more than 60 miles!

how come this happened... the bike has 340miles on it and hardly ever sees 5000 rpm so i ride it nicely! dont you guys think that this is too much consumption?

1 - 20 of 28 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.