Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What's up world.

Got a prob. Bike has been sitting for 2 or 3 years with no fuel in it. i changed the oil replaced battery filled tank with fresh gas. bike starts but has white smoke coming from exhaust and will not idle. I can smell gas when pretty strongly. I drained the oil pan and it seems to be mixed with gas. what would be the reason this is occurring? Any help would be apreciated

·
Registered
1,797 Posts
Carbs could be dumping in fuel when the engine is off. Then the fuel bleeds through the rings into the crankcase. This is Just one way for this to happen

·
Registered
6,000 Posts
You probably need to clean or replace the carb float valves, and also change the engine oil and oil filter.

I would watch several youtube videos about this before doing it the first time, and read the thread below about cleaning the float valve seats:
-
-
http://www.valkyrieforum.com/bbs/index.php?topic=29630.0
-
-

·
Registered
156 Posts
Do you have a catch can that has the fuel tank overflow hose AND the crankcase breather hose inserted into it? Very rare, but I had a bike like that and after a trip that caused a full tank of fuel to slosh over and down the overflow, it would siphon into the crankcase and mix with the oil. Most likely it is your carb float valve and seat, and/or a malfunctioning pneumatic petcock, but just make sure there is no catch can filling with fuel.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts