Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
208 Posts
premium. thats what all sportbikes should have right? thats what i have been filling with for the last 5 years in my old gixxers

·
Registered
980 Posts
I use 87 oct, or what ever is cheapest. Unless you are getting some pinging or knocking you dont need anything more. Unless you have major motor work done your just burning $'s up for nothing.

·
Registered
347 Posts
100 octane where it this? All i see in stl is 94 or 93. wouldn't mind running some higher.

·
Registered
692 Posts
Originally posted by im-a-ninja
sorry, you wanted octane numbers right? i think premuim is 101 or 103 around here. (midwest)
jeeez man premium in az is 91 lol.. They do have a few stations with race fuel right out of the pump.. thinks its like 105?

·
Registered
208 Posts
wait hold on, i could be wrong. i know there is one station here in wichita that sells a higher octane rated gas than any other station. i have to fill up tonight when i leave work so i will get back to you guys. i hope your not on the edge of your seats for this one. someone needs to post some pics of some hot girls or something. wow, i went off track huh??

·
Registered
952 Posts
well, the highest I can find in my area is 94, it's what I used to use for my car, but since I got the bike the car started getting 87 :( I think it's upset with me now. lol

·
Registered
1,308 Posts
104 octane sunoco race gas. My RR has a pretty high compression and considering I just got done replacing a leaking head gasket, I figured a little extra insurance against pinging was in order. I only do 1/4 mile currently so 1 gal of gas lasts me like a month. The fuel has a higher alcohol content so it keeps the engine cleaner, smells great, slightly oxygenated and lead free. It will make decent power once I richen up the PC3 to suit it. It is The 636 should be fine w/ premium (92) pump gas though.

·
Registered
261 Posts
Originally posted by kawirider86

jeeez man premium in az is 91 lol.. They do have a few stations with race fuel right out of the pump.. thinks its like 105?
where can i find this race fuel in az? i use 91 but i would go out of my way for a higher octane.

·
DEATH TO THE ISA!!!
10,796 Posts
91+

never below 91

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.