Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
my bike has seen the road and the gauge is trashed. i have found one for 275$. that is a great price considering gauge and bracket new are close to 600$. problem. my bike has 2K on it while the gauge has 5K on it. when i install this gauge will my bike say 5K on it or retain the original mileage. i have a '01 with the digital display. lat me know if you have tech experience with this or have had a simliar situation.thanks

·
Registered
158 Posts
The instrument cluster is an "all in one" peice, meaning the milage is stored with in the cluster. The milage goes with it, so the new will show 5k. The only thing I can think of is trying to locate a shop that could reset it to zero, they my be able to adjust it 2k. Most places might not touch it since it's illegal to tamper with the od reading of a car.

It's days like this I wish I still did drugs!

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i understand but if that is the case what is going to stop someone from going to the store and getting there new gixxer 1000(which sells for a disgusting 12000 new out here) that has 12K on it and just buying a new one that has o miles on it and cleaning it up and calling it brand new. scary thoughts i guess. thanks for you advice. i guess i can live with the 5K on it, no plans on selling it but will it display something that will tell others that it is not original.thank you for your advice.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.