Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,191 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,
Im trying to get my gauges off to see if I can make some custom ones.
I've got the cluster apart, but Im not sure if I just pop the needle assembly out, or if there is something else I need to do :)

I dont want to break the needle off

Anyone know?

-=Welcome To Canada=-

2002 Green 6R
1986 Gixxer 7/11

·
Registered
238 Posts
Cd I took mine apart to switch to a white faced gauge didnt come out right but thats a diff story. to get the needles off you use two tea spoons and put them under the needles to pry up the needles just make sure they are all the way up against the shaft the needle rides on then when you are done just push the needle back on.

·
Premium Member
2,586 Posts
Hey Cdn......

Are you printing your own version of the gauge faces???
Sounds simple enough, with the right material and knowledge.

Let us know.....

Jason

Everyone has their own thing.....

·
Premium Member
8,191 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Looking good so far, I just need to see if I can find some transparency paper that is sorta white, not totally clear.

I origionally started working on it in paintbrush :) but that looks like crap...
I've got the tach pretty much done now, Im using Corel Draw.

If these look good I'd be happy to sell em cheap to ppl.

And yea I got impatient waiting for replies so I used to flat screwdrivers and popped the needles off :)

-=Welcome To Canada=-

2002 Green 6R
1986 Gixxer 7/11

·
Registered
501 Posts
Keep at it. You got my money if they look good. Rather pay one of "us" than someone I dont "know" off of ebay.

Let Saddam come and play!

·
Registered
349 Posts
Oh goody. I'm just 15 min away on the bike, down the 401. Cash money, bling bling. :D

Seriously, it'd be cool to hook up some of the local 6s for a ride. I'm in Yammi country so it'd be a nice change of pace.

'00 ZX6R silver

·
Premium Member
8,191 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I'll be happy to make em for anything, I'd just need either the gauge faces sent or maybe a very good closeup of the gauges and their size.

I'm still working out some technical hurldes I need to overcome, but I'll keep everyone posted.

-=Welcome To Canada=-

2002 Green 6R
1986 Gixxer 7/11

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.