Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
689 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay, I HAVE used the search function, but I cannot find the answers I am looking for. So here I go. I have a brand new silver 2003 ZX-6R.

I tried to take out the lil dome thing off the low headlight. I had the whole front stripped down to where it was just the light enclosure sitting there. I removed the headlight, and could see the prongs holding the dome in. I COULD NOT separate the front part of the headlight enlosure from the back. I couldn't remove the front piece that holds the actual glass, to get into the dome. If I could get that off, it would be a 5 second job to remove the dome. I undid all the fastners that hold the front piece on, and it wouldn't come off. I tried prying all around it with a flat tip screwdriver, and it wouldnt budge. Am I missing something? I tried to pry it pretty hard, but it felt like I as gonna break the damn thing.
Next problem. I am trying to send off my gauge cluster to bluegauges.com, but cannot get the cluster to release from the plug on the back of it. I had the gauge cluster in hand, dangling by the connector. There is a small black tab on the top of the cluster. I tried pressing it down, lifting it up, and pressing it in and pulling off the plug. No luck. How do I remove the cluster from the plug w/o breaking it?
Last problem. I cannot remove the black plastic tray in the trunk. I undo the screw, and I cant get it out. The only way I can think of is to cut the tabs off on the bottom of it???
Jesus, such simple mods, and I can't get a single one of them done w/o asking for help. But I do appreciate ALL help on these matters. Is there anybody in Las Vegas who would want to go riding or help me out? E-mail me at [email protected]. Put NINJA rider or something in the subject line so I don't think it's junk mail. And agin, tahnks to all the peeps who help my pathetic ass. LOL

·
Registered
268 Posts
the covers for the lights have an adhesive in it you will break it if you keep prying. The trunk you have to remove the tail section. couple of screws underneath and then it should pop off from the sides with pins. Sorry can't help with the guage thing.

·
Registered
689 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
THX!!!! They glued it together? SHould I glue it back whe nI am done removing the dome so no moisture gets in it? Oh, and how do I aim my headlights? I don't have an owner's maual, so sorry i its in there.

·
Registered
493 Posts
you dont have to remove your tail section to remove the rear tray, just undo the one screw and pull the back out first then u can flex the front together and squeeze it through

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.