Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
647 Posts
never really understood the point of these besides racing. you should know what gear you are in by your rpms for one, you get use to it. and for two, welll you should just know.

·
Registered
720 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·

·
Registered
720 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·

·
Registered
523 Posts
You didn't click on the link huh?

Here's the TITLE of the item:
DATA TOOL DIGITAL GEAR INDICATOR

2008 KAWASAKI Ninja 250 - EX250 change

Your Price: $89.99

I think it's safe to assume... It'll fit an '08 Ninja 250 :D
Earlier this year, I asked in the aftermarket parts thread about one that said the same thing and was told that it didn't because it "digitally operated" or something. As Eric_NJ reports, it looks like they are just too quick to make assumptions when listing it.

If the DIGI-C version works, I wonder if the temperature-sensitive tach problem would affect it?

·
Registered
1,141 Posts
never really understood the point of these besides racing. you should know what gear you are in by your rpms for one, you get use to it. and for two, welll you should just know.
Even in racing I feel you shouldn't have one. You should know which gear you should be in before turning in.

I had a gear indicator on my first bike. Big mistake! I constantly found myself looking down to see what gear I was in. I was too dependent on the stupid thing.

I would not recommend getting this. Learn how your bike behaves and feels under each gear.

My .02

·
Registered
87 Posts
I originally stated it was a good idea since I found myself, more often than I really want to admit, kicking my toe under to see if I had forgotten one gear. That was clearly a lack of experience with the bike and I am getting better at knowing when I running in top gear. Experience is always a good teacher and I'm not too old (well getting close) to learn.
Steve

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.