Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I have been riding a sport bike for 10 years now but have yet to do a track day and I am getting ready to purchase the necessary gear to make that happen. I am looking for advice on a suit especially. What should I look for when purchasing a suit? What kind of suit do you recommend that is of good quality but wont break the bank at the same time? Not looking to cheap out on gear but I am also not looking to spend thousands. I am in Auburn WA. do you recommend any reputable shops that are knowledgable about sizing since I don't know anything about suit fitment? What do you wear under a suit? Do I need to buy special undergarments or is something like comfortable track pants and an Under Armour shirt acceptable? What has worked for you and what do you wish you would have known in advance when buying your first suit? What questions haven't I asked that I should be? What did I miss? Thanks in advance ! :D

·
Registered
9 Posts
There are a lot of used suits for sale out there that you can get for a steal. I picked up an $900.00 Technic suit that was only worn a few times for $150.00. Most name brands are the same, with some having more armor than others. Get what you can afford. I would get top and bottoms that are like Under Armor. That will help with fatigue and will let you get in and...especially...out of that suit.

·
Registered
163 Posts
Word of advice, try on the suit before you buy it. Actually travel to a local store or craigslist, and try on the suit, and also make sure you wear all the armor underneath you plan on using (i.e. back protector, etc.). Race suit fitment is a particular thing not easy to get a perfect match without actually trying on multiple suits.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts