Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
would putting a one down front sprocket and 1 up rear sprocket make a big difference on my 99 zx6r. got fully muzzy, fact. jet kit. think ima put ignition advancer if i can find one too. my rear metzeler m1 is finally dead after 6200 miles of thruway ridin. not to bad for the old girl. smoked my buddies 03 r6 the other day, was much fun! [:M110]yamaha

·
Registered
35 Posts
I went down one in the front on mine very recently. I would recommend it. The bike pulls a lot more in every gear. Wheelies are easier but it is by no means wheelie prone. 1st gear is a bit shorter and at highway speeds I am running a little higher in the rpm's but it is easy to get used to it. Changing sprockets at all is going to screw up your speedometer. If it bothers you, it can be fixed with a speedohealer for about 80 bucks.

I don't really understand why you would go +1 in the rear. A -1 in the front is roughly equal to +3 in the rear. Going +1 wouldn't make much difference and rear sprockets aren't exactly cheap.

A lot of people go down one in the front and up two in the back and switch to a 520 chain instead of the 525. Supposedly the smaller chain adds a little more acceleration due to less rotating mass. Just something to think about.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.