Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am about to go to 15/45 on my 07. I know the stock gearing is 16/43. Is the stock chain pinch 530/525/520? And more importantly, if you have your gearing set up like this how many links did you have to cut off the chain? I would just order one of those Driven or Vortex power up kits with the pre-cut chain but I want to get a different custom rear sprocket.

·
Registered
387 Posts
I am about to go to 15/45 on my 07. I know the stock gearing is 16/43. Is the stock chain pinch 530/525/520? And more importantly, if you have your gearing set up like this how many links did you have to cut off the chain? I would just order one of those Driven or Vortex power up kits with the pre-cut chain but I want to get a different custom rear sprocket.
Stock chain is 520, 112 link.
For 15/45 stock length should work.

·
Registered
518 Posts
i already have a front sprocket but just want to get a stock lighter one for the rear + new chain will that be expensive or do i have to change thefront

·
Registered
174 Posts
if your staying the same as far as teeth in the rear? and you somewhat took are of your chain you should need to replace the chain i would think... i would say just replace the rear sprocket to something that your looking for

·
Registered
43 Posts
I went -2 / +2 rear no problem with stock chain, just had to buy a SpeedoHealer to reclaibrake the speedo.. G Luck..

·
Registered
73 Posts
i've got -1/+2, got it all changed in one go, including chain, i went for renthal, one thing you do really want is a speedohealer as with out it you'll get like speedo readings messed up by 15% or something that ridiculous...

1 - 14 of 14 Posts