Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking to adda little more oomph to my ZX7. I want to do a gearing change, and can't decide whether to go front or rear sprocket swap, (or both), and how many teth. The bike is street and canyon ridden.
Also, what kind of seat of the pants gain will I get, if any, by going 520 conversion?

·
Registered
1,663 Posts
what canyons are there in brantford?? LOL

if you're interested ive got a 525 DID oring chain and renthal 45 tooth rear sprocket off a 96.. not sure if it'll work. i enjoyed the +2 in the back, am running -1+2 now and it's a little steep on the street.

drop one in the front is my suggestion.

·
Registered
38 Posts
I just bought the vortex 520 conversion. 15/45. have it put on wed. tell ya than. I did order the gxw chain. more money but rated for 1000c bikes

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Canyons being deal's Gap and surrounding area. I usually ride a week or 2 there per season, then maybe 1000 kms back hom in Ontario (I hate out straight flat roads, and I don't know how to stunt, nor do I dare to learn, so I am bored in Ontario on the bike)....being a 94, my bike has a 530 chain on it now. The chain is still ok, so if I just go -1 up front, I will do it with the 530. If I go -1 and +2, then I will swap to 520 conversion.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.