Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1,144 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK I know this question has been asked a million times by a million different riders, but once and for all, how the hell should a guy go about matching chain size to sprockets? I am currently running an EK Gold aftermarket chain with stock gearing, but I am considering either one down in front or -1 front and +2 rear. But how the hell can I figure out what size chain to get? I figure I'll need a new one but I have no idea if chains are all pretty much the same (as in, a 104 DiD chain would be the same as a 104 EK chain.........I dunno if it matters what brand you get) or if not, what kind and size of chain would I need to get to fit my new sprockets? I hate how people are always such huge advocates of gearing cuz it's the cheapest and easiest mod for speed and/or wheelie power, but it's such a pain in the ass! Any help?!?!?!

·
Registered
1,606 Posts
You can go down 1 in front or up two in rear or both without replacing the stock length chain. The brand doesn't make any difference as long as it is the same size and length, e.g. 525 108 links. Going down 1 in front and up two in rear is a pretty drastic change. Your rpms will probably go up close to 1,000 rpm at 70 mph.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.