Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,590 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Finally took the plunge and made myself a gel seat.
Piece of cake,.......gel seat from K-Mart...9.95......grinder with sanding wheel.....patience and time.

Actually it only took me 30 min or so.

If you want more details...just ask.

Jason

·
Premium Member
2,590 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for asking....

Go to your local bike shop(bmx/mountain/10 speed) and get an econo gel seat.
Cut it open....remove the gel section.
Remove your seat and remove the staples from the front half of the seat.
Trace out the gel pattern on the seat foam.....as to where your bottom rests.....
Get a grinder with a cutting wheel of some sort...or something of the equivelant.
Dish out the traced line for the gel section...a little at time ...constantly checking the profile..
When satisfied place in and glue in spot.....
Acquire a cheese cloth like substance and cover the entire seat....this gives the seamless look...
Re-staple the seat skin in spot.....
Done

Jason

·
Registered
1,662 Posts
Hey Jake,

Just letting you know I'm going to be in Hampton next weekend for my sister's wedding. Unfortunately, I'm going to be bikeless, and I'm not going to be in town for much more than Saturday and Sunday. I was supposed to be in town for an entire week, but my dad requested I perform a "Family Favor", and you know how that goes... I get screwed, but the family is happy.

Anyway, was wondering if you might have use for a spare motor for your 6R. Since I'm going to be in the neighborhood, I can bring it up with me.

BC.

·
Premium Member
2,590 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I don't have the befoe.....but just go and look at your bike.
As for the after......I did not get to put the final undercover on yet....but as soon as I can I'll get something on file.

Jason

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.