Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys,

After many months of looking for the KLEEN air mod, cause im in Aus, postage + handling bought it upto over $100 I found a place in Aus that make them called MUSTARD. Anywa ordered and got it for around $42.

I then proceeded to take off my seat, fuel tank and with alot of bloody swearing and head scratching found out how to take off the airbox (yep got the manual)
Oh and look what I found (in the pic) the people who owned it before me had already done the T version of the mod...wasting $42....I love it when things like this happen. Anyway if anyone in here is from Aus and wants a mustard block off kit P.M me and we can work out a good deal.

Thanks guys

Attachments

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Bump, no comments?

Do you guys rekon this way or the actual block off plates are a better way of the kleen air mod?

·
Got lime? I do
16,736 Posts
i just ran a hose from one side to the other i don't even recall a third hose (for a T conect)

guess it pays to look first when you buy used.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Bump, no comments?

Do you guys rekon this way or the actual block off plates are a better way of the kleen air mod?
If that tygon tubing runs to the crankcase vent, then it's better the way it is. The reeds will cause some vacuum in the crankcase then. Vacuum in the crankcase causes better ring seal and hp gain. However, the reeds don't created that much vacuum, so you'll only gain a hp or less at the wheels.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yeah the piping runs through to another T piece which goes into the crankcase and also the airbox....Yeah I shouldve looked before I bought but I didnt, live and learn.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Eliminate the 2nd "T" and the hose going to the airbox. Plug the airbox. You only want the 1st "T" and the line should go straight to the crankcase.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts