Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Everyone with a pre 03 zx6r should really upgrade to the ZZR fairing stay and mirror stay. It boggles my mind when I see dudes still sporting the monkey bars on thier bikes. That was like my first mod, and it helped the look so much.[:0][:****]

·
Registered
2,018 Posts
i actually like having mine, I put my garage door opener on it which makes it alot easier when I am getting home... Also allows me to tie off my tank bag when ever i use it...

·
Registered
1,973 Posts
Cost of mods? :D

I myself have not done this change over as well.. but I heard of HUGE saftey benefits from this... any truth to this?

·
Registered
2002 ZX6R
26,947 Posts
I mount my little radio to the fairing stay. I don't see any real benefit of changing over to the other one anyways. If its just for looks I say nah, if there is a safety issue let's hear 'em

·
Premium Member
8,191 Posts
I still have my original one, but it's bent, so I'll get whatever is cheaper when I replace it.

New one looks better, old one is nice for attaching stuff.
I don't see any safety difference, if you crash, headon into something, you'll still hit the speedo bracket which is much more solid then the fairing stay, and that not even counting the super solid object you crashed into :D

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I got mine for 75.00. From the factory they are 158.00 I believe. The original bracket (cage) is 54.00 and up on ebay. So I opted for the upgrade. I don't see any real saftey issues. It's just that the braket is very 80's looking. Much cleaner lines with the ZZR bracket. All I can say is that [:****] lmao

·
Registered
1,973 Posts
The story I heard about the frame was from a gixxer rider who SOMEHOW (probaly from vibration and panic) got his hands or wrists into the frame during a tankslap before going down and snap snap... But thats of course hearsay and didnt know if any truth behind this or any other similar stories... I personally like the idea of removing the frame... I mean thats like dropping 1lb and probaly give me 5+ hp :) [:eek:)]

·
Resident Brit™
1,157 Posts
I think the box frame is a pain in the bloody arse and have been looking for a reasonable condition A1P replacement (we dont have the new zzr600 over in the UK). I regularly use the temp/clock button and its a pain in the arse to have to put your hand between/over the frame to push it and it restricts your ability to pull your hand back quick enough in the event of needing to. I dont see any real benefits having the box over the clock mount bracket as they are both flimsy material so in the event of a head on neither is really going to do much good (they are generally there to stop the fairing flapping about at higher speeds).

Russ

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Well if you opt for thr ZZR fairing stay, you are definatley not going to lose any weight, that zzr piece is f*&king heavy. it probabley weighs twice as much as the monkey bars. But the monkey bars HAD TO GO.

I am not quite up to snuff on my physics...but if I were a bettin' man, I would say that 1 pound off of your bike is in no way going to equate to a +5hp. LMAO[:STFU1]

·
Registered
3,190 Posts
Russ, I think the '02 636 has the same setup as the '05-'06 ZZR600. I remember when I rode one that it took a while for me to notice that it didn't have the brace.

·
Registered
2,490 Posts
I dont mind mine, it dosnt bother me at all, and i dont think 1/2lb will do anything for the bike or your ride that is noticeable. I have no problems using my button on my speedo etc with it. I may replace it though if it breaks or anything but its not on my list of things i need or want to do anytime soon.
Ben

·
Registered
26 Posts
My old frame is all busted up, so I need to replace it, but that zzr one is hard to find used and its expensive. But it looks so much nicer, I'll probably try to find one anyway.

·
Registered
471 Posts
Will this work on the f1 zx6r? I would consider doing something like that...

·
Resident Brit™
1,157 Posts
Nigel: the A1P is the uk model for the 2002 636 (A1H in europe) but trying to get a good one on ebay that is not broken (there is one on there at the moment that has a split mount so worthless).

20incher: the mount for the clocks is different on the F1 that frame is based on using the twin clocks, J1+. Also the fairings are different shapes so the bars coming up the side wont line up with the holes for your mirrors.

Russ

·
Registered
3,190 Posts
Ah.

I didn't read your post properly. [:I]

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.