Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

getting back on 2 wheels

2K views 10 replies 6 participants last post by  usernamedoug 
#1 ·
well guys after being off my 650r since july 09, i finally got a good job and im ready for more. after much debate i decided on a black zzr 600. may 7th or the weekend of im going to pick one up wherever i find one lol. i decided that itd be good for my backside vs a zx6 (i ride A LOT), and it has decent power to keep up with the pack on bike nights. heres my 650 that im upgrading from. hope to have pics of the zzr soon! any info on them is appreciated

when she was almost new:

and after the wreck and rebuild:

See less See more
#3 ·
what info are you wanting? This is a great bike, handles good, comfy, fast, sexy, low insurance, easy to take apart to maintain.

on the low, no fuel guage, carburated, large, old school technology.

Again, do not know what it is you are looking for but I know you will not be unhappy with it as I love mine and most people I talk love theirs or the one they used to have.

When I first bought mine a guy once said to me (my riding buddies riding buddy) "so your the one stuck with the ZZR?"

he has since purchased one because of mine.

#5 ·
Well your current ride is a more narrow bike, and any inline-4 is going to be "bulkier" for lack of a better term. I owned a 90-degree, 998cc Suzuki V-twin before my current ZX6R and the difference is night and day. The ZX seems to handle better, but the twin is better for low speed/city driving and blipping the throttle to pass without down shifting.

Plus, the ZX is much lighter than my old SV1000S was, and it gets better mileage on the rode. Just keep it in the upper revs, and you'll never have an issue keeping up.

#7 ·
the newer ZZR's are reproductions of the 00-02 zx6r. Means its (i think) 20 pounds heavier and makes 10-20 less hp then modern 600's. Its also carbed which requires maintenance, and the valves need to be checked and adjusted every 8000ish miles which is i think 5-6 hours labour at a shop, or will take you about a day (plus possibly waiting for new shims) to do in your garage.

Biggest advantage is they're comfy as all hell and you can easily do 8hour days of riding time. Con's....its not all the things a new sportbike are.

#8 ·
It'll be your bike. You'll love it.

Fast and comfortable. People say it's bulky... however its not more than 50-ish pounds heavier than most other bikes... not a big difference.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.