Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
429 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok so even though i really do like the look of my 06 SE, theres more than 5 of them alone in my town and they all look alike...im the type of kid that likes to stand out and since i have all winter to work on my bike before i get to ride, im going to use it as an opportunity to make the bike "mine"....aside from the necessary handling and performance mods, i want my bike to LOOK different as well...i previously had a red cbr f4i and since the fairings were all red, i was limited to different colors that would work well without painting EVERYTHING.....i realized that my 636 is perfect since it is plain color that can work with many accent colors once the decals are removed....ok enough talk, onto what i wanna do.

the main thing i plan on doing is getting my rims powercoated along with a few other minor parts. all flame decals will be stripped and the tank flames will be covered up as well so it will be a silver/?? scheme....my right side slider is damaged so i may get some race railz and have them pc'ed to match as well too...now to the part thats going to suprise many and probably gross out most...the colors:

NEON GREEN OR NEON ORANGE
:D

i've always been a big fan of the bikes with mellow paint schemes and obnoxious rims and accents so i figured why not go through with what i like? it'll DEFINITLY be different than most, give a bit of a stunter look without going crazy, but also flow well. personally havnt seen a silver 05-06 done like this.

i originally wanted the green to go along with the kawi look...figured all silver with neon green rims, race rails, small parts, green hid's, and green gear would be hot....than thought about a hot orange and figured thatd look sick too...definitly an extremly hard decision so i figured i'd ask for some other opinions..i know many people like to keep things simple and low key so i expect some negative feedback which is fine...wont change my mind:p ...some opinions on color would definitly be helpful though, maybe even opinions on other colors if you really feel the need!

thanks alot!!
(horrible 5min paint jobs just to give an idea)

http://poppaclutch1.shutterfly.com/1091

·
Registered
975 Posts
Well green is original and you will find others with it..Orange is recently going around on the bikes..So if I were you mix it up with orange and green then you stand out ...For sure!

·
Registered
215 Posts
just go w magenta if you're going to go all colorful and gay on us lol

but really, orange :thumbup:

·
Premium Member
10,463 Posts
I would say if you want to be super orignal the lamborghini mint green is pretty unique.
I am not one for the flashy paintjobs personally, but even a metallic blue would be pretty sweet.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Speaking from experience, the lower part of your entire tail section and the removable lower cowl are a slam dunk to paint. You could pick a color for your rear wheel, match the underside of your tail section-just tape it off at the angle-it's a no-brainer-and paint your lower cowl all one color and it would flow real nice. I'm not a fan of the green or the orange with the silver-it just looks strange to me-but it's your bike dude-knock yourself out. If I was going to pick a color I'd go with the plasma blue on the rear wheel, the lower and the underside of the rear cowl. Reason being is eventually you'll get bored with whatever you've done and you'll want decals or spools or brake lines or whatever to kind of "match" what you have. Pick a Kawi color or something you know you can find accessories that match so you have a long happy future of bike customization!!

In the interest of demonstrating my willingness to experiment on my own bike-here's what I did to my stock Magma Red 636...steal any ideas you want, or if you think my scheme sucks, no worries-that's the cool thing about sportbikes-it's up to you what you want to do.

Good luck and show us some pics!!:D

·
Registered
744 Posts
orange wheels would def be the hottest choice

·
Registered
429 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
see, 03'636 just backed up my statement on how bright rims look amazing....i think that looks sooo fresh....lookin' like alot of votes for orange ...still definitly looking for some more opinions though, totally stuck still

·
Registered
738 Posts
+1 on the orange. I was thinking of paiting my track plastics, Kawasaki green and Volkswagon fahrenheight orange.

·
Registered
209 Posts
I just beat you too it :D

I had the 06 se too, and I got tired of everyone having it, so I made it my own.

I painted it Fluorescent Orange and then kept the rims the stock se red and they already had a polished lip. Then I bought a bunch of stickers that I liked and threw them on there.

·
Registered
429 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
that photoshop above is damn near exactly how it would look!! what do you guys think? looks SICK in my opinion...throw on a small amount of little orange accents and itd be hot.

·
Registered
429 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
but i also feel the neon green would be much more "WOW" and original..if you ever have the spare time tdahle, itd be soo helpful to see it in green too

loving the opinions though, appreciate it so far!!

1 - 20 of 23 Posts