Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Make that *deer* guts! DYAC!

Poor little 500 :( Was on the road to work this morning, a 45km commute on a freeway, doing somewhere between 120 and 130 km/hr in traffic. The car in front of me didn't see the dead body in time, and neither did I as a result. It was taking up the entire lane and I had traffic beside me and I had nowhere to go. I hit the torso and was airborne. I landed it with just a slight wobble and kept moving. Scared the ever living daylights out of me.

I've only had my motorcycle license for 2 months.... I did stand up in the pegs as I hit it. I ride and show jumpers (horses), have been for three decades, and I'm convinced my instincts on how to go over something and land/absorb shock from jumping probably saved my a$$ this morning. Kept going, got to work 25 minutes later and it smelled like I was having a BBQ. I didn't realize there were so many deer guts on my pants, boots, and all over the bike! They were cooking on the pipes!

Little ninja got a big ol pat on the gas tank for this one! Not to mention a trip to the car wash on my lunch break. I haven't even been on the bike for a week thanks to a horse dumping me hard into a jump, and as a result I was riding this morning with two fractured ribs and fractured thumb. Seriously. I'm starting to think the universe is out to get me :confused:

·
Registered
1,314 Posts
Glad you're alright!

Definitely did the right thing by standing up on the pegs. Too bad you couldn't get some venison off of your pipes for lunch eh?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Maybe try washing it?
How stupid do you have to be to ask this.
I don't know, how stupid do you have to be to realize there was no question mark after that statement? Know the difference?

For what it's worth, it actually came off pretty easy at the car wash :) The memory is still fresh though...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts