Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
128 Posts
Hi All.....Flaming Newbie here..so please pardon my ignorance, as I am still climbing the learning curve one step at a time.

My question: What frame sliders do you have on order as I am in the market for the same? Thanx

·
Registered
166 Posts
Hi everyone. I have frame sliders on order for my '03 636. Should they just screw right on or am I going to have to modify my plastic.

·
Registered
26 Posts
i got the sato racing ones. you want ones that go into the engine mounts and not the fairing. the sato ones look nice and match the bike well. about $60 i think and 10 mins to install.

another thing i did, since i'm still sort of a new rider, is turn/switch my passenger pegs around. i will never ride anyone, so i figured i'd use them as another set of sliders.

to do this, take the pegs off, and then put the left on the right and right on the left, and then flip them upside down. this way, they still look somewhat normal, but can only be flipped down. so if you have them out, and you crash, the peg will brace the peg/muffler mount and you'll loose a peg and maybe the mount, but save more of your bike that way.

·
Registered
530 Posts
I got the ones from R&G Racing. I dropped my bike on the left side while crawling through a u-turn and the only thing that got scratched on the bike was the stator cover.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.