Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
403 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Are you suppose to be able to go through the gears with the bike off at a stop. I looked at a 06 636 and I couldnt get it into anything above neutral(off and stopped). I would do a strong up shift from 1st and it would always go neutral and I couldn't go up anymore. No other bike/dirtbikes have been like this for me.

Suppose to pick it up Wednesday so let me know.

Thanks

·
Registered
3,690 Posts
Read your manual when you get it...then you'll know

·
Registered
403 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I am guessing from that respone that it is normal. Reason I was asking is since these trans. are known to hve problems with second gear, and I would like to know before I drive two hours to pick it up.

·
Registered
3,690 Posts
The problem with 2nd gear is when you're driving it and you want to get it into 2nd from 1st. Sometimes it'll mis-shift and hit neutral.

·
Registered
403 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yea, but I didn't know if this might have been a problem that could have been related. I like the fact that its easy to get into neutral, makes parking it a little more conveinent.

·
Neutered
2006 MV Agusta F4 1000S
8,863 Posts
When the bike's off and sitting still you have to rock it back and forth to put tension on the gear dogs between each shift to actually get the transmission to change over.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts