Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hate to jump on as a racer-newb here but here goes anyway (you guys are cool, so you'll get over it [8D]). I am just breaking into the higher level trackday scene (level 4 racers). One of my mates is trying to talk me into CMRA novice next year. Due to a low side on an M1 front and M3 rear, I now have a track bike. Sounds like general consensus is you guys love the BT002. My mechanic is trying to convince me to try the Pirelli Corsa due to cost advantage, while my mate thinks I should get Power Race with hard compound. Bike is a '03 zx6r with stock suspension all round, though I am currently looking at an ohlins rear. Also in the process of getting a GPR damper.

I run in TX with 100degF +/- 5 temps, and I dont plan to be getting tyre warmers anytime soon.

What do you guys think? Thanks in advance for being patient.

PS, to be honest until now I have not a problem wit tyres. I love M1's, just not sure if they will stand up for the abuse I plan to give them.

·
Registered
514 Posts
I race in the CMRA with Dunlops on my '05 636. They work awsome.....for me. I have friends that use every tire brand out there and they all work well for them. Its really up to the rider to feel em out. I have an Ohlins shock I Im not using. Its one of the higher end ones with the remote preload adjuster. Shoot me a PM if your intrested.
-Gabe

·
Registered
129 Posts
I use the 002's and like them a lot. There is also a program you can get on to get a set of them for really cheap. Go to the WERA boards and do a search for team bridgestone and you should find all the info you need to get on the program.

Ive used all except Dunlop, but I really think at the novice level, they will be pretty much the same. I think the pirelli's and bridgestones feel alot alike. They move around a little more than the Michs, but pretty predictable.

Their all good though.

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks for the responses.

Any recommendation for compound if I went with Power Race for this time of year at MSR Cresson and TWS?

Race license is required for the Team Bridgstone deal right?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.