Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
720 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I don't feel the pull like I used to. And also the steering feels easier or looser. I hope this is just coming from getting used to the bike. I've only been riding for about a month solid. Did this happen to any of you all?

Drive it like you stole it

·
Registered
720 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Somebody, help me! Lie if you have to and say, yep I felt the same way about the bike.

Drive it like you stole it

·
Registered
81 Posts
no more pull => coz your throttle control is better
steering easier/looser => your more confident when steering and it feels "effortless"

·
Registered
1,662 Posts
Actually your engine has lost 25% of its compression and doesn't make as much power as it used to. And you've worn out the sticky layer of the tires and what's left is just rubber, which will start to wear quickly now.

What you need to do is take it to the nearest bike dealer and trade it in for another bike. Maybe a 'Busa.

BC.
;)

I didn't do it, I swear.
And even if I did, what makes you think I would admit it to you?

·
Registered
537 Posts
LOL Busa! Yea!

I say got with NOS! That should make it run faster. :D

Jokes aside, if she really feels sluggish get it looked at. It probably just you getting used to the bike.

ZX6R-J1 2000

·
Registered
7,145 Posts
Sniper,

You didn't say if your bike is new or used and what year it is.

If you bought new I would say that a majority of it is you becoming accustomed to the bike. You have gotten used to how it handles as far as leaning, throttle response, weight, etc. If the bike is a couple years old, perhaps it needs some work done, or maybe it's a combination of the two.

When I first got my '02 6r ( bought it new) the thing felt like a monster and I swore I'd never want anything bigger. Guess what, now everytime I go by the dealership for anything I sit on the 7r's and 9r's. So if your bike is new then I'd say you're probably cool and it was just an adjustment period.

If the feel of the ride or handling changes dramatically, or more than you feel comforatable with, I'd have the bike looked at, just in case.

-Flash

"We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act, but habit" - Aristotle

·
Registered
1,230 Posts
yeah everyones bike get sluggish after a while. My first bike I kept taking in for service because I thought i lost like 25% of the power. Well it was just me! I have over 2,000 miles on my 03 636 and I am already thinging that shes getting a little on the slow side. But when I smoke a 750 I know its just me.

Faster then a speeding...
Ticket

·
Registered
443 Posts
Originally posted by tommyboynjataol

I have over 2,000 miles on my 03 636 and I am already thinging that shes getting a little on the slow side.

you think the new 6 is slow? maybe you would have been happier with the gixer 1000.

"I'm from yeranus."

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.