Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
by pulling very hard you may have stretched it a little causing it to wrinkle. from the looks of the cover it seems to be some kind of plastic. I would try a hair drier thats pretty hot it should shink it a little but DO NOT MELT IT!!! try it and let me know. (this is only if the cover is some type of plastic

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
ps. where in NY are you? also do you know ronnie? because that is his bike in you little pic on the side with the girl on it

·
Registered
253 Posts
Try heating the cover up with steam. If you dont want to try this find an auto apullstry shop. That is what i did with a seat cover a had for a dirtbike a couple of years ago. I think he charged me about $15.

·
Registered
1,966 Posts
cool thanks for the quick replies. yeah i just went up and talked to my friend at the auto parts shop, and he said use a blow dryer or heat gun; thats how he does it on his dirtbikes.
........and ronnie? i just found the picture online and thought it was cool. so thats from long island? damn, what a small world. im in sayville, btw.

·
Registered
1,966 Posts
ok i cant get the staples to stay in the seat. i got all the wrinkles out with a hairdryer, but as soon as you put tension on the cover to pull it taut, the staples just come out. i got the small 8mm size because the 12mm were poking through the seat. do you think maybe the 10mm would work, or would they just come out too? i spent $4 on these worthless staples already, and i'd hate to waste more money.

·
Registered
1,966 Posts
I just bought this seat cover from my dealer, and I can't seem to get the wrinkles out. would the dealer mechanics be able to do a better job? I'm pulling as hard as I can but just can't seem to get it smooth. any advice??
/forum/uploads/NinjaRider/lk53001125.jpg

/forum/uploads/NinjaRider/bk53001125.jpg

·
Registered
537 Posts
I also have one, not installed. I'd like to see how it turns out. I think it was in the direction to use heat gun. The reason I didn’t install it was because I didn’t know what to do about staples.

·
Registered
1,966 Posts
i got the seat cover on, but i'm still not sure if i like the look of it or not. i'll put up some pics when i get them. i didnt put the front one on, because i think it looks bad. but , ill let you guys be the judge

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.