Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Gilles Chain adjusters

1K views 7 replies 5 participants last post by  modd1uk 
#1 ·
Anyone know if they are sold in pairs or do you have to buy quantity 2 as in one for each side at $180 each? All sites that carry them for this bike do not specify if they are sold in pairs.

#4 ·
#5 ·
post up how you like em. ive been considering these but it looks like if you are using the rear stand with them, there will be nothing holding them in place when you pull the axle out. the axle holds them tight to the swingarm but when you pull the axle it looks like they would just flop out and if you are using the brackets for the stand with them the biike would fall over... maybe i missed something

#7 ·
If you have them drilled in (1of the 2 ways to install) they will be securely fitted and allow for quick wheel changes. The 2nd option has the problem you noted, but they still help with proper wheel alignment and are easier to align by ones-self when fitting tire-warmers.(Plus they totally look the business- hahaha)

I have mine drilled in to allow for quick wheel changes, but I change tires once every 7,000miles and usually utilize the weak-welded spool bosses with some bolts or my universal T-Rex rear stand.

As for them cracking............I've had no problem with them and have run them for 38,000+miles w/2 wrecks. I am actually selling my two GP lifters and buying new shiny ones so I won't have my rashed up ones. Lightech also make some but they don't appear to have the option to be drilled in like the Gilles.

EDIT: The bolt in the front that usually holds the adjuster block - holds the chain adjuster in place with enough force to change the wheel. However, I wouldn't suggest having the axle out and po-going on the bike while it's on the stand via GP lifters!!! ( or any stands for that matter)

#6 ·
I was seriously considering these on my 05, theres alot of rumours going around that they are weak and crack ! now..im not sure how heavy riding that was but still..not sure ide like to risk it !

#8 ·
You dont have to use the lifters do you ? I have some r&g cotton reel bobbins that i use to crank the back end up, so gilles for me would just be "bling" and ease of adjustment, seeing as you can vouch for them i think il be picking some up in the january sales over here :)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.