Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Labia Grappler
3,744 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been shopping for rearsets for my 06' 636 for the past few days. So far I've looked at Gilles, Woodcraft, Vortex, Sato, Arata, Attack, Graves, and Ti Force. Out of all the different ones I've looked at, I like the Gilles Titanium ones the best.

For anyone that has had the Gilles rearsets on the 05' or 06' ... is there any cons to these? In other words ... is there any reason to NOT to buy them (except for price)?

·
Registered
2,438 Posts
Friend has then on his 10 are they are pretty awsome. Out of the bunch I would go with Attack or the Gilles. Cant go wrong with either of them.

·
fap-o-caster
50,488 Posts
Sato's are nice too, pricey but very good quality. I am thinking about getting some of those Gilles chain adjuster things actually. I still have my stock rearsets but I got the rearset raiser thing from 5150.

·
Registered
126 Posts
I have Sato rearsets and Gilles adjusters/lifters. Both really good quality-I'm thrilled. I've crash tested the Sato's on my other bike (highside for me, bike just stayed on one side and slid for a looonnngg way) and they did a great job of acting like frame sliders as well. I can post pics if you want. I've posted a fair amount of pics of my bike on this forum and don't really want to be the photo "whore" but if it'll help you make your decision let me know!

Good luck!

·
AKA "White Dynamite"
3,935 Posts
Those Gilles are good looking rearsets for sure, but I dont think you'll find that big of a difference in performance between any of the adjustable rearsets mentioned. The only huge difference I've noticed between any of the aftermarkets is the foot peg themselves. Some are longer, and some are knurled to the point that it is hard to slide your foot around on it, to position yourself for the next corner.

·
Registered
3,139 Posts
i just got gilles about 2 months ago.
they are extremely adjustable..
and OMG they are so solid. shifting is extremely direct
the shifting seems a little tight, which is probable a good thing, but going to the gym riding with my soft top shoes it hurts my foot to shift.
the shifter is smooth and the brake peg is rough, so it wont mess up ur shoes on top like other rearsets.
It comes with everything you need to mount up the brake light switch but you have to cut and relocate ur brake resavore. it also comes with all you need to do that.
ill
to answer your question I LOVE THEM and cant complain. get many compliments!

Attachments

·
Registered
353 Posts
I would get what you can get parts for easily. Then again my 636 is a race bike, so when I go down I want to be able to replace the pegs easy and quickly. I got woodcraft sliders, rear sets, and clip ons because I know there is always spares at the track.

·
Registered
3,139 Posts
yes woodcraft does have parts for the bike at the track most times.
but gilles you can get parts at oppracing.com and at your dealer through tucker rocky, those are two that i know of that are reputable. im sure there are many more also.

·
Labia Grappler
3,744 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
i just got gilles about 2 months ago.
they are extremely adjustable..
and OMG they are so solid. shifting is extremely direct
the shifting seems a little tight, which is probable a good thing, but going to the gym riding with my soft top shoes it hurts my foot to shift.
the shifter is smooth and the brake peg is rough, so it wont mess up ur shoes on top like other rearsets.
It comes with everything you need to mount up the brake light switch but you have to cut and relocate ur brake resavore. it also comes with all you need to do that.
ill
to answer your question I LOVE THEM and cant complain. get many compliments!
Thanks. Exactly what I was wanting to hear! Thank you for the pictures too. I think I'm gonna get the titanium colored ones.

I would get what you can get parts for easily. Then again my 636 is a race bike, so when I go down I want to be able to replace the pegs easy and quickly. I got woodcraft sliders, rear sets, and clip ons because I know there is always spares at the track.
Woodcraft would have parts that are readily available at the track that I go to ... however, I'm going to keep my stockers for spares. If I bust one off etc... I can always put my stockers on until I can get parts. My local Ducati dealership does stock some Gilles parts such as extra pegs etc... the rest I would probably have to order.

·
Registered
3,139 Posts
If you don't mind me asking, how much are the Gilles rear sets going for?
450 before shipping and tax
i got mine for 15% off through my dealer

hit up advanced, they tend to give deals

firedogracing.com gives amazing deals, and he is a small company that gives good discounts

also cycle sector, our new sponsor gave me a good deal of like 435 shipped or something, sorry if i cant post the price ill edit it if its not allowed

·
Labia Grappler
3,744 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Ordered .... should be here Friday! Can't wait. :D Now I just have to find some time to put them on when my wife is gone. That way when she sees them on the bike and says, "is that something new?" ... I can say ... no they've been on the bike for awhile kind of like she does everytime I see her in new clothes. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
3,139 Posts
congrats on the purchase. ull love them. and if u want you flip the linkage up front and make it reverse shifting. i have not done it cuz i like standard shifting. but yea you can

1 - 20 of 46 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.