Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an ER-6F that I'm converting to touring duty. I'm getting a comfy seat, higher windshield and, of course, side bags. I have soft bags already, but the bike is going to be left unattended occasionally, and I want something that can't be ripped off and carried away by the first a-hole with a knife.

I've narrowed down the choice to the two in the title, as they seem the least expensive (bags + rack = about €350), but I can't make up my mind.
I like the better capacity of the E41 and the side opening, but one of the best things about having a bike vs a car is that you can dodge traffic, and I fear the larger bags might cripple this ability too much. Keep in mind I live in Europe (Italy specifically)... "dodging traffic" around here means being able to weave in and out lines of stopped cars.

Opinions?

Thanks. :)

· Registered
420 Posts
I'm about to order the V35's not only beacause they conform to the shape of the bike, but they just look better! My friend has the E41's on his V-Strom and he certainly has the same issues you feared with width a couple of times he has had to remove them to get through some tighter areas when we have gone camping.

· Registered
420 Posts
No Worries!!
BTW, where are you buying your givi's from in Italy?

· Registered
160 Posts
I have an American 2009 Ninja 650R.
Im getting the Givi V35s (and mounting brackets) for my bike.

Hey, can someone ANSWER my question about the Givi V35s, with a PICTURE also?

Question:
Will the Givi V35 sidecases, Interfere with my GF's legs touching the passenger footpegs???

Thanks in advance,
Dave

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.