Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an 03' zx6r.I smoked a 00' gixxer 750 by about 2 car lengths. I won 250 dollars what a loser. Gixxers suck . All of that uncomfortableness and no power.

Chad Bennett

·
Registered
349 Posts
Nice kill. [^]

BTW, GSX750Rs are nice bikes, you must have been a better rider than he was. Gixx750 are a nice balance of power and handling.

'00 ZX6R silver

·
Registered
2,691 Posts
Well wow, good job if you beat a 750, but I gotta argue with ya on one point... Gixxers have "no power"??? Seems to me the 750 Gixxers are one of the fastest motorcycles on the planet. Torquier than a 600 for sure too, even the 636 rocket you're riding, and they rev out almost like a 600... BIG power in fact.

But it's all rider rider rider on launches, and 600's are just plain easier to launch than big bore bikes, I've proven it repeatedly.

A buddy of mine (2001 6R) and I (my last bike a '98 6R) beat a Gixxer 1000 in a 1/4 mile race SOUNDLY because of the huge holeshot we pulled on him off the launch. It's even hard for a big bore bike to make up that kinda difference on the start, especially when they start lofting the front end overdoing it trying to catch up.

I like to look at it this way... if you drive a big-bore superbike and you race a 600, you really can't win. If you win, well DUH, you should have. And if you don't... oh man you'll hear it... heh...

(and for the record, on standing starts I have a VERY good record against big-bore bikes. Roll ons ... well, okay not very good...)

Can't wait to see how my NEW ride does against 'em...

"Keep yer feet on the pegs and your right hand cranked."

·
Registered
316 Posts
I agree with dj wholeheartedly on this one. It is very much the rider who makes the difference. However, I do think that after we get our modifications made to the 636, it will be all the tastier to eat them with! LOL

-Cops want a hot pursuit, so entertain them! -Shadee

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.