Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Got lime? I do
16,736 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
i've had one (of 2) stock exhaust off a 08' gsxr1000 for a while now. i've been running a stock exhaust on my bike, been thru 5 straps (keep breaking). just can't see paying $300 plus for a muffler lol (or afford it).

i've heard of this, so when my buddy trashed his exhaust, i got one can from him. the collector fit's the header, just had to heat and bend the mid pipe and make a new hanger. then painted the chrome tip and bolt on cover with high temp header paint.

what you guy's think? looks like it came this way to me. and it's dam near as quiet as the stock zx6rr exhaust. it can be gutted for a louder sound tho.

my stock exhaust. (a few days ago)

i call it the stainless steel trashcan

·
Got lime? I do
16,736 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
no, they aren't chicken strips. i have a huge yard, it's from riding on asphalt in 100 degrees and then coming thru the yard. it covers the tire's ride surface with dust.

·
Registered
4,279 Posts
no, they aren't chicken strips. i have a huge yard, it's from riding on asphalt in 100 degrees and then coming thru the yard. it covers the tire's ride surface with dust.
bs. you know those is some serious chicken strips. :D:D:D

i have mixed opinins about the exhaust. i like the overall look of it, but i think it also looks a little big for my taste.

·
Got lime? I do
16,736 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
cool, but it looks smaller than the pics let on. it's a LOT smaller than the stock, and maybe it's just cause i've been running stock for a while that i like the change. maybe some pics in better sunlight will show it better, the sun has bout gone down here.

one good thing tho, weight wise it's like i took off a cement block and mounted a feather.

my next project: cut the midpipe off the stock kawi exhaust to a nice shorty size. find a cruser baffle to fit inside of it, paint it flat black and see what happens.

·
Registered
3,690 Posts
Well there's you're problem! You spend too much money on fuel for the lawn mower.

Looks alright...somewhat bulky...I would have just paid the $300 for a pipe. They could be even cheaper now...

·
Registered
1,060 Posts
Nice. It looks good.

·
Got lime? I do
16,736 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 · (Edited)
thanks for the opinion's guy's. it's what i was after.

yes, there's prolly some fecal matter there somewhere, with the construction going on rite now, there's shit flying everywhere.

i'll post up what the straight pipe with a baffle insert looks like when i get it done. i'll have the pipe done 2morrow prolly, but gotta find a insert for it. just something to play with ya know

·
Got lime? I do
16,736 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Well there's you're problem! You spend too much money on fuel for the lawn mower.

Looks alright...somewhat bulky...I would have just paid the $300 for a pipe. They could be even cheaper now...
man, it cost about $15 for gas to cut my yard. sux. takes about 4 hours to cut/weedeat

·
Labia Grappler
3,744 Posts
I've got 2 of those same cans from an 07' GSXR 1000 sitting in my garage loft. They were taken off with only about10 miles on the bike and replaced with a Yosh. They belong to a friend, but if anyone is interested, I can find out if he wants to sell them.

·
Registered
1,911 Posts
Looks a little bulky, but still better then stock!:)

·
Registered
744 Posts
nice its look tiny and way better than the othe stock can

·
Kawi for Life!
1,610 Posts
Yea I like it better than the stock steel trash can for sure. Looks good I'd keep it like that. no need to drop that kind of coin when that works and looks different then all the others out there. Nice job

·
Registered
339 Posts
looks okay. kinda bulky though. have you tried looking into the gixxer 600 one?

or just take the r6 can, it fits pretty well and the titanium color goes with our silver frames pretty decently.

1 - 20 of 45 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.